Is Youtube going to ruin all Minecraft animation channels?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

As per the latest policy news:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/5/20849752/youtube-creators-ftc-fine-settlement-family-friendly-content-gaming-minecraft-roblox

Our videos will most likely be flagged automatically as "targeted for kids" due the Minecraft colourful aesthetic. This means: no comments allowed, no notifications allowed (so having subs is useless) and ad revenue obliterated due personalized ads being not allowed. Considering how much time it takes to create a 10 minute animation, even if you are doing a simple one... it's pretty much pointless with the up and comming policies. If making any money and developing a fanbase now is a pipedream, imagine with what's in store. So I predict everyone will quit.. perhaps except the few ones getting some help from Patreon which is like 2 or 3 and they aren't one-men projects but studios.

Youtube once again screwing up everyone in the process.

remember that not all channels make content for the money. even if these policies were taken into effect, you're still going to have a few animation channels that want to create animations for the fun of it

also only content targeted towards children will be demonetized so i'm sure some people will figure out how to game the system and make minecraft content for teens/adults

2 minutes ago, Kwazedilla said:

remember that not all channels make content for the money. even if these policies were taken into effect, you're still going to have a few animation channels that want to create animations for the fun of it

also only content targeted towards children will be demonetized so i'm sure some people will figure out how to game the system and make minecraft content for teens/adults

just put:

Random Placeholder Name for Animation (13+)

17 hours ago, Frost* said:

Vimeo might explode soon.

Nobody uses Vimeo tbh. And nobody wants to see people doing Minecraft animations most likely, so Twtich is not an option. Most people want to see hand drawing, or flash animation being produced. Minecraft animations traffic is probably mostly kids, so all the talented people on that field will suffer. Hell I think even people like MineCZ are pretty talented and hilarious in the comical way they animate. There's a place for everyone in Youtube, and im an adult and I enjoy some apparently "-18" content too, and I would stop recieving notifications. It's unfair they are going to probably leave when YT nukes ANYTHING that has to do with fun as a whole because if you upload the video and not mark it as "kids friendly" but the algorithm decides it is, you will have a strike of sorts. They will shadowban the channel basically, the videos with no comments and no notifications enabled.. how depressing a channel like that would be? not to mention you would make next to peanuts in revenue for your time.

1 hour ago, NotChris said:

They already ruined animation channels as a whole forever ago.

True, but this makes it even worse, it will be the nail in the coffin. And the worst part is we still have people like Logan Paul on the platform that will suffer 0 consequences from this, when 99% of their viewers it's kids.

Edited by moniker

On 9/30/2019 at 5:56 AM, moniker said:

Nobody uses Vimeo tbh. And nobody wants to see people doing Minecraft animations most likely, so Twtich is not an option. Most people want to see hand drawing, or flash animation being produced. Minecraft animations traffic is probably mostly kids, so all the talented people on that field will suffer. Hell I think even people like MineCZ are pretty talented and hilarious in the comical way they animate. There's a place for everyone in Youtube, and im an adult and I enjoy some apparently "-18" content too, and I would stop recieving notifications. It's unfair they are going to probably leave when YT nukes ANYTHING that has to do with fun as a whole because if you upload the video and not mark it as "kids friendly" but the algorithm decides it is, you will have a strike of sorts. They will shadowban the channel basically, the videos with no comments and no notifications enabled.. how depressing a channel like that would be? not to mention you would make next to peanuts in revenue for your time.

True, but this makes it even worse, it will be the nail in the coffin. And the worst part is we still have people like Logan Paul on the platform that will suffer 0 consequences from this, when 99% of their viewers it's kids.

Um about minecz

he is very creative yeah, but I hate the sheety way he animates. No effort at all.

so I don’t think talented is the correct adjective

Edited by MojangYang