Beepers can tiptoe (Animation)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

tell meh  

25 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think

1 hour ago, HeYoNia said:

Love the black bar entrance there, gives off a smooth feeling, and those head bobbing is really epic.

Btw, to be honest people in here are oversensitive at times, makes me feel ashamed that I once called this the best forum I've been to.

Yeah, it's sad...

3 hours ago, Kwazedilla said:

i am liking those movements, they're very fluid and lifelike

ssao is a bit strong i think, try set it to a dark grey instead of black or decrease the radius? not sure, i think it's just a limitation of mine-imator

slight nitpick but i think you should have done the zoom in mine-imator

i don't think camera shake is too bad, after all it could have been recorded by someone with shaky hands

Thanks for the tips m8!

2 hours ago, Frost* said:

That's what it looks like with someone who isn't holding the camera right. Do you want me to make it realistic or not?

i want to be able to see the animation without having a stroke
Realism is no excuse for bad camera work

Edited by Anatoli

1 minute ago, Frost* said:

Do you want me to put an epilepsy warning? I could do that. But otherwise you must have some kind of motion sickness, because everyone else isn't perturbed.

no, i want good camera work.

Edited by Anatoli

Just now, Anatoli said:

no, i want good camera work.

:facepalm:

Bruh, this is realistic camera movement, and if you can't watch the video because you have epilepsy problems, then don't watch it. I don't want to fight you about this, and I'll probably change stuff in the future. But this is the animation, take it or leave it.

Just now, Frost* said:

:facepalm:

Bruh, this is realistic camera movement, and if you can't watch the video because you have epilepsy problems, then don't watch it. I don't want to fight you about this, and I'll probably change stuff in the future. But this is the animation, take it or leave it.

3 things, buddy.
1) You dont take criticism very well, do you.
2) I dont think you understand what epilepsy is
3) I didnt ask for you to tell me why YOU think I'm wrong, I'm just telling you.

1 minute ago, Anatoli said:

3 things, buddy.
1) You dont take criticism very well, do you.
2) I dont think you understand what epilepsy is
3) I didnt ask for you to tell me why YOU think I'm wrong, I'm just telling you.

1. I take criticism well, but if I see a point that isn't entirely valid, I try to explain it. 
  2. Yes, I do. Maybe I was using it in the wrong place, though.
  3. I take criticism well, but if I see a point that isn't entirely valid, I try to explain it. I didn't think it was very valid, so I told you why not.

1 minute ago, Frost* said:
  1. I take criticism well, but if I see a point that isn't entirely valid, I try to explain it. 
  2. Yes, I do. Maybe I was using it in the wrong place, though.
  3. I take criticism well, but if I see a point that isn't entirely valid, I try to explain it. I didn't think it was very valid, so I told you why not.

k

10 hours ago, Frost* said:

But otherwise you must have some kind of motion sickness, because everyone else isn't perturbed.

The camera work is dizzying. I thought that was the consensus... but apparently @Anatoli is the only one to express this?

Anyways, the camera shake is far from "reality". About every 25 frames, a new rotation is initiated. That's an entire second of rotation before moving exactly in the other direction, which is far from reality. Offsetting the axes fails to hide this.

Remove the camera shake or do it manually (twos/threes). Or frame the video differently altogether.

2 minutes ago, Heavenira said:

The camera work is dizzying. I thought that was the consensus... but apparently @Anatoli is the only one to express this?

Anyways, the camera shake is far from "reality". About every 25 frames, a new rotation is initiated. That's an entire second of rotation before moving exactly in the other direction, which is far from reality. Offsetting the axes fails to hide this.

Remove the camera shake or do it manually (twos/threes). Or frame the video differently altogether.

I see your points. My camera animation was done with six folders, all overlapping random values. I'll pay more attention to what I'm doing next time.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Heavenira said:

what he said.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:23 AM, Glitch Block Studios said:

If it was the intended product, it was good. Whether it is good or not depends on whether the creator is satisfied with their creation, because, often, the hardest person to satisfy is yourself.

This is kinds weird

because monster school bad animations are intended effects.

Yet we hate them.

well frost* put effort into the camera movements

4 hours ago, MojangYang said:

This is kinds weird

Yet we hate them.

well frost* put effort into the camera movements

Monster school is good, not because it's not bad, but because it was intended to be bad.

2 minutes ago, Glitch Block Studios said:

Monster school is good, not because it's not bad, but because it was intended to be bad.

That logic...doesn't line up. If something is intended to be bad, and thus it is made bad accordingly, then therefore it is bad.

We can conclude that it is bad, and not good. Therefore it isn't good.

2 minutes ago, Frost* said:

That logic...doesn't line up. If something is intended to be bad, and thus it is made bad accordingly, then therefore it is bad.

We can conclude that it is bad, and not good. Therefore it isn't good.

4 hours ago, MojangYang said:

This is kinds weird

Yet we hate them.

6 minutes ago, Glitch Block Studios said:

Fine. If there is one thing everyone can agree on, it's that monster school is bad.

I am not a part of society, therefore I am not a part of everyone.

15 minutes ago, Glitch Block Studios said:

Fine. If there is one thing everyone can agree on, it's that monster school is bad.

I am not a part of society, therefore I am not a part of everyone.

You are obviously a part of society, and no one can be a part of everyone anyway.

And I am also confused with your 'Quantity over Quality' rank.