Revenge(CaptainSparklez)Wallpaper

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

i feel that people here should really give reasons why it could be improved

i do like what you're trying to do here, it could look like something out of a video thumbnail or something. the creeper is clearly the focus of the piece, while the human and the skeleton provide additional flair to the wallpaper

you should work on your lighting and effects, though. the glow, i feel, is fine, but the ambient light is a bit too dark and doesn't really match with the orange. try set the ambient light to a slightly lighter shade of dark brown/orange

additionally, your glow, combined with the positioning of the characters and the lighting, kind of obscures the "Revenge" text. you have multiple ways to fix this: change the text color, change the lighting color, add a sort of border to the text, or add the text in during post

3 hours ago, MojangYang said:

Give him a break he is a beginner.

Errm, I think you've misread that. I'm relating myself to him 2 years ago, a beginner with not much experience.

Alright since little boys are butthurt about my statement I guess I'll give an actual criticism and tips

Alright, we have to follow the lighting rule, If something is against the light it darkens, if a torch was actually infront of them it would make sense but I doubt that, I also prefer it being darker and only showing the eyes of the creeper, kinda gives in that unsettling and spooky effect, your SSAO should match the lighting, don't set a strong SSAO when the area is bright, it doesn't fit the tone at all. You also need to adjust the posing of the characters, right now they look like robots and really stiff, the creeper is slighty offset to the right (towards the skeleton) I don't get why there's a skeleton in the wallpaper, I don't recall having any other mobs other than the creeper.

Hey! Welcome to the community!
You'll have to forgive some of the comments, critiquing things is oddly difficult here, given everyone's individual styles.
If it's alright, I'd love to give a couple pointers!

SO, when creating a wallpaper, you'll wanna be careful about using too much bloom, especially for things like words. It'll end up filling up your scene too much and people can lost interest quickly.

Instead, see about playing around with spotlights and pointlights. Since it's only an image, and not an animation, you can get away with more complicated lights and using spotlights to your advantage. Just be careful about washing your colors out with them. We still wanna see what you got without it all being red.

Dynamic poses and spacing are also great for posters. You dont wanna fall into the whole MCU movie poster hole (which is really easy, trust me). 

For posing, full extensions, minor stretching, and bends are your friends. You've got the bends down, but lets see about where the limits are with a character's realism and explore that!

If you're up for giving it another shot, I'm all for staying updated! Can't wait to see what else you've got.