FPS Drop too much when amounts of rigs move at the same time

DoggoBoiz
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I have couple of rigs on a same project, created from modelbench.
The issue is that when the animation is playing, while there're rigs are playing / move at the same time.

The FPS drop so hard that

60 FPS, FPS_real 60 - 80 [Animation is not playing]
Drop all the way to

15 FPS, FPS_real 12 - 18 [Animation is playing]

The problem is, I have a decent PC, and Mine-Imator only use like 14% of my CPU and less than 100MB of my memory, use less than 8% of my GPU. Meanwhile google chrome which sometime lag still use 1,200+ MB of my memory.

While the fps of the software is already so low and laggy so how do I actually make the animation properly?

Are there any ways to increase the usage of Memory or CPU of the software?

Yes, I did unable all the particles effect, lighting and other camera. Before you ask. :)

Edited by DoggoBoiz

5 answers to this question

Experiencing lower performance when your animation is playing is normal, it's obviously doing more behind the scenes to get the scene moving. Especially with bending parts, as the program has to regenerate the shapes in the part each time one of the bend angles change. And as far as I know, there's no way to allocate more resources to Mine-imator/GameMaker games & apps.