Changing the eyes of Enderman's skin into black makes the whole face turn grey

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I need Enderman's head to have it's eyes closed permanently without any workarounds so the common sense thing was to change the head texture and just paint it with it's black skin tone. How weird is it that I found out that the head becomes sort of brighter when you do this:

GhPUilh.png

Changes in "Head" has no effect. I have no glow enabled. I guess this has to do with the default glow eyes on the head, when you change the skin it glitches the entire head. How can I keyframe the default glow effect from the eyes off for when I need it to look like that? Like I said I don't want to put flat surfaces or blocks or anything to cover the eyes because it looks weird, and from a distance it has z-clipping issues if you use a flat surface so you have to put it a bit further from the head and you can notice it from closeup shots. I want to maintain the Vanilla aesthetic.

I just want to use the skin with the eyes in black but without that happening.

Edited by moniker

Certain models use multiple textures in a single part for different shapes. The Enderman being one of them due to their eyes being separated and thus can't be changed with a single texture. In a case like this, you'll need to use a resource pack since their format supports replacing multiple textures in scenery and models. You won't need every texture Minecraft has in the resource pack since you're using it for a single model. For getting rid of the eye texture, I'd recommend just adding in the Enderman eye texture however being completely transparent and using that pack as the texture. If that's too much of a process, you could also make your own modified Enderman model using Modelbench with eyes as their own body part in the model so you may keyframe their visibility.

On 9/13/2019 at 10:33 PM, Nimi said:

Certain models use multiple textures in a single part for different shapes. The Enderman being one of them due to their eyes being separated and thus can't be changed with a single texture. In a case like this, you'll need to use a resource pack since their format supports replacing multiple textures in scenery and models. You won't need every texture Minecraft has in the resource pack since you're using it for a single model. For getting rid of the eye texture, I'd recommend just adding in the Enderman eye texture however being completely transparent and using that pack as the texture. If that's too much of a process, you could also make your own modified Enderman model using Modelbench with eyes as their own body part in the model so you may keyframe their visibility.

Which filename specifically should I replace with a transparent texture? you mean enderman_eyes.png I guess? I will try later and see results.

Edited by moniker