How much should I pay?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello. I’m writing a translator through Google, so there may be a loss of meaning

Dear developers, how much do you need to pay for you to add the ability to add .obj models or .fbx to mineimator?  You can build exactly the same architecture for any model as the model of minecraft, the limitation is not systemically determined. You can’t even add a static object (for example, a car, a house, etc.). Well, any human model can look the same, 2 bones in the hand, 2 in the leg, back and head. Also, mineimator can bring the animation of these bones manually.

Why I do not use cinema 4d, or others. Because mineimator makes the same animations several times easier, it is a banal saving of time and nerve cells. The interface is many times easier, why then so rot the potential of this engine?

Maybe somehow there are programs for converting .obj to mineimator format? If you already have this, I will be grateful

1 hour ago, Eliphaz said:

Due to the engine the developers are using to make the program, I do not think it is possible to import .obj or .fbx. 

Correction: it is possible (due to the fact that .obj is a plain text format). (And may have been done before, if my memory is correct, but for some reason wasn’t implemented into a release version?), I’m guessing the developers don’t want to add it.

So yeah bribing them might be a good solution to get it added

45 minutes ago, Jake_28 said:

Correction: it is possible (due to the fact that .obj is a plain text format). (And may have been done before, if my memory is correct, but for some reason wasn’t implemented into a release version?), I’m guessing the developers don’t want to add it.

So yeah bribing them might be a good solution to get it added

While it is possible according to Nimi (he said so on the MI and Chill Discord) the program can't map that object's textures into it, so it really wouldn't be too useful to implement.

27 minutes ago, BaconSandwich said:

While it is possible according to Nimi (he said so on the MI and Chill Discord) the program can't map that object's textures into it, so it really wouldn't be too useful to implement.

They can be mapped, but not mapped correctly. Due to some workarounds we have to make for handling textures in MI, it UV maps differently from models you'd usually find on the internet every since 1.1.0 when the program was updated to GameMaker Studio 2. (Textures must be square for seamless support and to support mip-mapping. It's weird.) Modelbench would have Bedrock entity support if it weren't for this. (I actually experimented with this before I started remaking Modelbench, this status was an example of an imported Bedrock model though other models weren't so lucky with their texture UVing.)

And to clear up any confusion, I don't recall ever making a .obj loader and having it work properly. (This status had their vertex data stored in-program, so I used a tool to convert .obj files to scripts.) Also not taking any bribes for features, you're better off keeping your money and learning a better, free software. (Like Blender.)

16 minutes ago, Nimi said:

Donation-wise, yes. Any amount is appreciated though you should keep it mind that donating doesn't promise anything you want out of the program.

Anything that helps you enjoy your tacobell basically.