(Suggestion) Rework the "Minecraft Username" part of a profile.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1 minute ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Okay. We all know you are saying all this because you are biased to Bedrock. That is a fact. All you'v said so far is that this shouldn't be added because it's unnecessary. 

It isn't, and im not biased. I like playing bedrock when im with friends away from home. But I dont think it belongs here the way your saying it should because it doesnt directly relate to Mine-Imator and how it works.

2 minutes ago, Frost* said:

do you know how many people don't have a discord account

The forums has an Instant Messaging system they can use.

Just now, Slime said:

It isn't, and im not biased. I like playing bedrock when im with friends away from home. But I dont think it belongs here the way your saying it should because it doesnt directly relate to Mine-Imator and how it works.

Oh sry. I kind of assumed.

Anyway, I don't see how it doesn't relate.

2 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Oh sry. I kind of assumed.

Anyway, I don't see how it doesn't relate.

10 minutes ago, Slime said:

You cant get the worlds from bedrock and use them as schematics. you cant get the skin of a bedrock user by punching in their username.

(cant easily get worlds from bedrock)

Edited by Slime

@Slime, you seem to be basing your proofs off of the fact that there are other ways to tell people about your Minecraft account.

However, as you said before, people aren't always active on the forums or discord, and they might not see the message at all, making this a little more convenient.

2 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

It actually is pretty easy. Impossible, as far as I know, from Switch though.

It may be easy, but it isn't convenient. And i don't think adding bedrock support would be worth it since this is just a small animation program made by like 3 people that does not compare to any of the big ones.

2 minutes ago, Frost* said:

@Slime, you seem to be basing your proofs off of the fact that there are other ways to tell people about your Minecraft account.

However, as you said before, people aren't always active on the forums or discord, and they might not see the message at all, making this a little more convenient.

There are other ways that a good majority of people i know use. And a lot of these ways are convenient. This forum has a set amount of storage space, and adding that wouldn't be worth the effort. And if they aren't active on either then oh well. Also you countered your own statement, "aren't always active on the forums," with the fact your arguing for a feature that you think would be useful, but really isn't to the inactive people your saying it would be good for.

22 minutes ago, Slime said:

you countered your own statement, "aren't always active on the forums," with the fact your arguing for a feature that you think would be useful, but really isn't to the inactive people your saying it would be good for.

That doesn't make any sense. The people who would be benefiting from the feature would be looking at other potentially inactive users for their Minecraft details, not the people who are inactive.

2 minutes ago, Slime said:

Have you nothing else to say?

Let's be final:

1. People who are being contacted might not be on discord or the forums much.
  2. That means that no one can contact them.
  3. But the person who does want to, can contact by the information in the suggested box.
  4. Then anyone who wants to know Minecraft information does not have to ask and require response.

You get it now?

1 minute ago, Frost* said:

Have you nothing else to say?

Let's be final:

1. People who are being contacted might not be on discord or the forums much.
  2. That means that no one can contact them.
  3. But the person who does want to, can contact by the information in the suggested box.
  4. Then anyone who wants to know Minecraft information does not have to ask and require response.

You get it now?

I get what your saying, but that wasn't my initial argument. My initial argument is is has nothing to offer that directly benefits making things with MI and sharing them. What your saying is its ease of access. Those are two completely un-related topics.

11 minutes ago, Slime said:

I get what your saying, but that wasn't my initial argument. My initial argument is is has nothing to offer that directly benefits making things with MI and sharing them. What your saying is its ease of access. Those are two completely un-related topics.

I see now. Our terms were not defined before our argument. Sorry about all of this. It should never have happened in the first place.

The Minecraft username field is only there to allow people to easily use your skin in Mine-imator by using the built-in skin fetching tool. It's not some kind of social thing like you implied.

Considering this is a community dedicated to Mine-imator and not Minecraft itself, I don't see the point in further bloating profiles with game-specific info you could just put in your About Me section or your signature. ?

1 minute ago, Voxy said:

The Minecraft username field is only there to allow people to easily use your skin in Mine-imator by using the built-in skin fetching tool. It's not some kind of social thing like you implied.

Considering this is a community dedicated to Mine-imator and not Minecraft itself, I don't see the point in further bloating profiles with game-specific info you could just put in your About Me section or your signature. ?

Thank you for summarizing my entire argument lmao