(Suggestion) Rework the "Minecraft Username" part of a profile.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

When you create your MI Forums account, you have an option to put your Minecraft username in, I guess so people can find you if they want. At the time there was only one version(well technically 2, Legacy Console.) which of course is now Java Edition.  Since this is no longer the case, I'v seen a few profiles with "I don't play pc" in the username spot, which might mean they play Bedrock. I propose someone edit this part where you can not only put your Username, but also what edition you play. Also, if you want to you should be able to put what platform, and your gamertag for that platform, so you could put you Xbox gamertag, or Nintendo Switch tag. Perhaps If one has an account on both, as I do, you could put your Bedrock and Java usernames.

The reason for this is because the "Minecraft Username" doesn't cut it anymore, since there is more than one "Minecraft". If the purpose of that is to let people know who you are in game, then this no longer works for many users. 

Edited by Spontaneous Explosions

18 minutes ago, Ethanial said:

Sucks to be them. They're playing the worst version of the game. 

Now, I don't disagree with your statement, but this is kind of irrelevant to the topic, especially since you disliked on the foundation of an irrelevant statement.

46 minutes ago, Frost* said:

Now, I don't disagree with your statement, but this is kind of irrelevant to the topic, especially since you disliked on the foundation of an irrelevant statement.

I think it's more than just that. Im just it's already annoying enough to go through and find the java skin servers, let alone the bedrock skin servers. I feel like this is a lot like the skin thing in MineImator, it would be too much of an annoyance to get it working.

26 minutes ago, Ethanial said:

I think it's more than just that. Im just it's already annoying enough to go through and find the java skin servers, let alone the bedrock skin servers. I feel like this is a lot like the skin thing in MineImator, it would be too much of an annoyance to get it working.

I think @Spontaneous Explosions meant that it would only be a text field, not a working account embedder. Simply just a spot where you could write, 'I play pc and Java', for the information of other people. Literally just like an about me.

21 minutes ago, Frost* said:

I think @Spontaneous Explosions meant that it would only be a text field, not a working account embedder. Simply just a spot where you could write, 'I play pc and Java', for the information of other people. Literally just like an about me.

What's the issue then? People already do that.

3 hours ago, Ethanial said:

I wasn't even thinking about skins when I posted this. 

1 minute ago, Slime said:

No. It isn't. It does exactly what its supposed to.

Yes, but only for Java. There are Bedrock players on this forum.  Besides, if every profile said whether they're a Bedrock or Java player, you'd all know immediately who to hate. It would be a huge convenience.

2 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Yes, but only for Java. There are Bedrock players on this forum.  Besides, if every profile said whether they're a Bedrock or Java player, you'd all know immediately who to hate. It would be a huge convenience.

You can specify that in the box. You don't need this when its already possible to do to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Slime said:

You can specify that in the box. You don't need this when its already possible to do to begin with.

Well sure, but it would be nice to have a specific box for it. I mean, we could have just one big box where people put whatever they want, but it's divided into sections.

Plus, my suggestion wasn't only for Minecraft, but for Xbox and Switch profiles.  We should have those for the same reason there are sections for a website, twitter, youtube, and discord.

Just now, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Plus, my suggestion wasn't only for Minecraft, but for Xbox and Switch profiles.

Theres nothing wrong with the lay out of the profiles. Specify those in your about me, since that's what it was added for.

3 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Then why should there be those things to begin with? Why have the profile thing at all? Just put everything in about me.

This forum was added as a way to show off what your animations and wallpapers are that are made with the program.
Youtube - Animations and Speedarts of wallpapers

Twitter - Wallpapers, Art, ETC.

Website - Animations, Wallpapers, Art, ETC.

Discord - Easy method of contact so you can contact and possibly collab with [insert forum user here]

There isnt a reasonable reason to have xbox and switch included. You can't use their worlds without a schematic converter, you can't share anything with them, so why have it?

Edited by Slime

Just now, Slime said:

This forum was added as a way to show off what your animations and wallpapers are that are made with the program.
Youtube - Animations and Speedarts of wallpapers

Twitter - Wallpapers, Art, ETC.

Website - Animations, Wallpapers, Art, ETC.

Discord - Easy method of contact so you can contact and possibly collab with [insert forum user here]

And don't forget Minecraft, the reason we're all here. It should deserve a spot too, shouldn't it? Heck, when creating an account, they ask you what Minecraft is. If these websites are important, why would Minecraft not be important? I should have a place for direct access of information through PC, Java, Bedrock, Xbox, and Switch.

Just now, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Plus @Slime the Discord section was added fairly recently, with the creation of the MI discord. That was a new addition. Yet you said nothing about that. That wasn't necessary.

The MI Discord was made as a way to also share your creations Outside of the forums. It was made as a way to bridge the gap between MI users on the forums and those not on the forums.

1 minute ago, Frost* said:

And don't forget Minecraft, the reason we're all here. It should deserve a spot too, shouldn't it? Heck, when creating an account, they ask you what Minecraft is. If these websites are important, why would Minecraft not be important? I should have a place for direct access of information through PC, Java, Bedrock, Xbox, and Switch.

The Minecraft Username section is so people can get your skin without having to ask you, in case your a busy person or unable to provide it.

Just now, Slime said:

The MI Discord was made as a way to also share your creations Outside of the forums. It was made as a way to bridge the gap between MI users on the forums and those not on the forums.

Oh, so your for bridging the gap between forums and non-forums, but not between Bedrock and Java?

3 minutes ago, Slime said:

The Minecraft Username section is so people can get your skin without having to ask you, in case your a busy person or unable to provide it.

That's exactly why we want an addition. It only gives usernames. This new section @Spontaneous Explosions was suggesting was for access if you wanted to play Minecraft with another member.

Edited by Frost*

2 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Oh, so your for bridging the gap between forums and non-forums, but not between Bedrock and Java?

Wha-

I never once said anything about bridging java and bedrock. Im arguing that putting it on here is pointless if you cant use it for anything. You cant get the worlds from bedrock and use them as schematics. you cant get the skin of a bedrock user by punching in their username.

Just now, Frost* said:

That's exactly why we want an addition. It only gives usernames. This new section @Spontaneous Explosions was suggesting was for access if you wanted to play Minecraft with another member.

That's why Discord is there. Discord is made for gamers.  share your usernames there. They don't need to be on the forums if they don't provide any use towards actually making something.

Edited by Slime

Okay. We all know you are saying all this because you are biased to Bedrock. That is a fact. All you'v said so far is that this shouldn't be added because it's unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, Frost* said:

Yes! Thank you.