Block becomes invisible when I select a parent

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

So I'm trying to connect glass block to Steve by making it a parent object. When I choose "Steve" or any other object as the parent object for the glass it just becomes invisible. I checked visibility, it's ticked. How do I solve this problem? I need it to be visible.

Edit: Solved it. Appearantly it just moves the object to a different place when you parent it. You are able to just move it into its old position.

Edited by Swagcrafters

1 answer to this question

Before the glass was parented, it has a coordinate. When you parent it to anything, it keeps the same coordinate. But instead of using the coordinate as the coordinate in the whole project scene and staying in the same position, the center of the parent object is now the new x0 y0 z0 origins. The coordinate of the glass block is now its coordinate within the parent object.

i know this is a bit hard to understand.

when this happens again, go into the glass block and right click all coordinates to reset them to 0. This will move it to the center of the parent object