Blender Physics > Mine-imator - Sphere Collision | Teaser

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Let me guess, you copied the positions of each of the spheres for each keyframe and then set the positions to the corresponding spheres at the right keyframes? Though you said Tool, so I'd imagine you've done some magic once again, or you've streamlined the process I just explained ?.

13 minutes ago, JosSamLoh said:

Let me guess, you copied the positions of each of the spheres for each keyframe and then set the positions to the corresponding spheres at the right keyframes? Though you said Tool, so I'd imagine you've done some magic once again, or you've streamlined the process I just explained ?.

I use an amature in blender and export the animation to a motion capture file (.bvh). The actual tool is a realy simple 300 lines java program that only converts the .bvh to a .mimodel and .miframes file, so that you than can import this to Mine-imator.

1 hour ago, YoGames Studios said:

The actual tool is a realy simple 300 lines java program that only converts the .bvh to a .mimodel and .miframes file, so that you than can import this to Mine-imator.

Does that mean it's possible to make a tool that allows people to import character motion capture (bvh) animations into Mine-imator? That would be extremely cool and useful.

Edited by Cubic Ralsei

8 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

Does that mean it's possible to make a tool that allows people to import character motion capture (bvh) animations into Mine-imator? That would be extremely cool and useful.

It doesn't support rotating like he said so probably not 

9 hours ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

Actually, that is what I was working on, but since Mine-imator uses it's fancy local roation, it looks very silly when you import it to MI. Later I realised that it still can be used for just location translation and found this as an example. Maybe ther is a way to convert the global-space rotation to MIs roation with some math, but currently I don't know how this could work.

12 hours ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

petition to make yogames studios a mine imator developper

I'm by far not good enough to be a Mine-imator devolper, the tools I make are just realy basic Java application (and java isn't used in MI, and is the only language I partially know). Also I don't fulfill some of the requirements for the developers (e.g. I'm not 18 yet). Maybe I'll learn the other required languages till I turn 18, in this case I would be glad to become one of the MI-developers, but since I'm currently 15 this will at the earliest happen in 2.5 years.

You could try changing the objects' rotation type to "YXZ euler", that is the same rotation that mi uses, but you have to change this to all objects. To do this, select an object, open the little menu on the right where you can change the position, rotation and scale, at the rotation you can see "XYZ euler" by default. If you change that to "YXZ euler" it will imitate mi rotation and it might be easier to translate rotation that way. Hope I was able to help

Edited by SoundsDotZip