Sidebar shortcuts

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So i saw the Modelbench screenshot on nimi's dev update #16, and i tought about this: How about custom sidebar shortcuts? Basically, a tab where all of your previous actions are listed, and you could drag them to the side bar to make them quick actions. For example, if you moved something to Z to 13 and you would have put that action on the sidebar, you could do the exact same thing with another object selected. Basically, it would add 13 more units to the Z axis of the object. A shortcut for adding library objects would be dragging an object from the Library and putting it in the sidebar, and voilà, a shortcut for adding a cube from your library and for objects that aren't in the library, you could simply select the object you want to spawn and then click an "Add sidebar shortcut" button. The sidebar could look like the one on the modelbench update screenshot that nimi did here: 

Spoiler

T5OBJ0y.png 

(the logo's literally pointing at the sidebar lol)

It would be a cool solution for some people who want to do things quicker.

Edited by Cubic Ralsei

The toolbar in the screenshot is actually the new home for the buttons to add elements. At the bottom, have the buttons to choose between different gizmos in the viewport.(Instead of them appearing if you have certain tabs open.) These have shortcuts that you can use to switch between them.

image.png.2639f135a1ea8222278b730c7a17d192.png 

32 minutes ago, Nimi said:

The toolbar in the screenshot is actually the new home for the buttons to add elements. At the bottom, have the buttons to choose between different gizmos in the viewport.(Instead of them appearing if you have certain tabs open.) These have shortcuts that you can use to switch between them.

image.png.2639f135a1ea8222278b730c7a17d192.png 

Yes, i knew that already looking at some of the icons, but i tought about this for maybe an alternative sidebar or something.