Perspectively Correct Reflaction | Tutorial

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

That's mind-blowing!

At the beginning, you mention that you can give your reflective material some kind of roughness value to get softer reflections. Would it be possible to define where the reflections would be sharp and where they'd be soft on an object?

29 minutes ago, Voxy said:

That's mind-blowing!

At the beginning, you mention that you can give your reflective material some kind of roughness value to get softer reflections. Would it be possible to define where the reflections would be sharp and where they'd be soft on an object?

Yes, but only binary. You culd make a "roughness-map" that makes parts of the reflection sharp again, but you can only chose between 100% sharp or 100% shoft. If you wait a few minuits I can upload a render.

Edited by YoGames Studios

1 minute ago, YoGames Studios said:

Yes, but only binary. You culd make a "roughness-map" that makes parts of the reflection sharp again, but you can only chose between 100% sharp or 100% shoft. If you wait a few minuits a can upload a render.

Don't worry, I see what you mean! Another question I have: can you change the mirror axis to say, Y? I'd probably use it for horizontal reflections the most, so I wanna know if that's possible!

10 minutes ago, Voxy said:

Don't worry, I see what you mean! Another question I have: can you change the mirror axis to say, Y? I'd probably use it for horizontal reflections the most, so I wanna know if that's possible!

Yes, it should be possible, you just have to make shure that the camera motion is mirrored along the reflective surface. As long as all cameras are doing the same and the mirrorCam is mirrored properly you can also move and rotate the reflective surface during animations. That's why I always say to put the things in a folder. Here is the image.
Vz3X0vE.png

3 minutes ago, YoGames Studios said:

Yes, it should be possible, you just have to make shure that the camera motion is mirrored along the reflective surface. As long as all cameras are doing the same and the mirrorCam is mirrored properly you can also move and rotate the reflective surface during animations. That's why I always say to put the things in a folder. Here is the image.
Vz3X0vE.png

Awesome, thank you so much!