How do I open a Backup File when I accidently set it to open with Mineimator?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hi, I have been extremely hesitant as I have been working on an animation and all of a sudden the original says 1min and I got near 5 mins done. When I found the backup I accidently double clicked on the white file and opened it with Mine-imator but got nowhere. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can get that white file back, its now showing MineImator as it opening and not opening the file. 

If anyone can help that be awesome, but I really dont want to waste another day reanimating the whole thing all over again because of the stupid backup! 

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Wild Craft said:

Hi, I have been extremely hesitant as I have been working on an animation and all of a sudden the original says 1min and I got near 5 mins done. When I found the backup I accidently double clicked on the white file and opened it with Mine-imator but got nowhere. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can get that white file back, its now showing MineImator as it opening and not opening the file. 

If anyone can help that be awesome, but I really dont want to waste another day reanimating the whole thing all over again because of the stupid backup! 

I don’t understand can you be more specific?

so you made a 5min animation but didn’t save is so you only have one min left?

also is the icon of the file no longer white and display the mine imator icon instead?

You have to delete the original (corrupted) file, and rename the backup file such as instead of ".backup1" it should say ".miproject". Open the Mine-imator normally and open the project.

You had the problem because you can't open MI project files directly with Mine-imator. The only way to open any project is to open it in MI itself. That is a software limitation.