perspectively correct Non Euclidean World 100% Mine-imator | showcase short

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

14 minutes ago, YoGames Studios said:
16 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

secret reveal:

alpha glitch

Wrong.

when you overcomlicate things for yourself

Spoiler

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Jake_28 said:

when you overcomlicate things for yourself

Hide contents

unknown.png

I did not say it was impossible to do it with the alpha glitch,  but my method actualy adds space to the word and does not use the alpha glitch to avoid missing dof or other z-buffer based effects. I'm not sure how the shading will work when you use the alpha glitch, and doesn't that only work in one direction, at least as long you want it to work perspectively correct? My goal was it to get the effect as "physicly" correct as possible.

9 minutes ago, Ian_The_One said:

Webp.net-gifmaker_9.gifi've done it

I know that it's possible to get the effect with the alpha glitch, but it wont be perspectiely correct when you place something in front of it and view from the other site.

Edited by YoGames Studios

28 minutes ago, Ian_The_One said:

you actually did not explain what you did exactly

I will make a tutorial series about realtime masking in Mine-imator. It will cover perspectively correct volumetric light, portals, non euclidean worlds, reflections/mirrors and other stuff you can do with realtime masking. This "perspectively correct" NEW (non euklidiean world) also uses this realtime masking technique, which uses a quite complicated multi-camera setup in combination with the new blend modes, which for me is to complicated to explain in text. Also these are technical showcases and not 100% developed yet, that's why I post this kind of stuff to the random tests and don't explain them yet because some things still could change.

Edited by YoGames Studios