Discord rich presence

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

A very nice feature would be adding the Discord Rich Presence in MI by implementing the discord RP's api in mine imator

(the rich presence could show the name of the project you are working on or some information about what you are doing in MI

This is an interesting idea but I personally don't see it having a place. MI is written in GameMaker so there are probably constraints on additional APIs that can be used. In addition, Discord's rich presence is targeted for games, as is Discord itself. It's designed as a system so, as an example, you can see what game your friend is playing and decide whether or not to join them. It probably wouldn't work well with MI.

1 hour ago, Dannyboi said:

This is an interesting idea but I personally don't see it having a place. MI is written in GameMaker so there are probably constraints on additional APIs that can be used. In addition, Discord's rich presence is targeted for games, as is Discord itself. It's designed as a system so, as an example, you can see what game your friend is playing and decide whether or not to join them. It probably wouldn't work well with MI.

The most use I can see coming out of rich presence for MI would be the project's title, which a lot of people would want to keep under wraps until release anyway. Discord rich presence sounds neat on paper but I really don't think it'd be helpful in practice.

11 hours ago, Dannyboi said:

In addition, Discord's rich presence is targeted for games, as is Discord itself.

I saw many IDE that integrate Discord's Rich Presence, also, there could also be something like a "Enable Discord Rich Presence" Toggle