I have absolutely no idea which program is at fault so I blame Modelbench

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Well, I found a weird glitch today.

So I'm trying to make this gun model in Modelbench:

2zxciz8bh5v3xov6g.jpg

But when I open it in Mine-Imator, this happens:

84ru3yhldmr0y4g6g.jpg

The textures seem to somehow be messed up, as well as the positions and/or scaling.

I would probably blame Mine-Imator but earlier I got this problem with Modelbench:

bj6rxqz0xijvu936g.jpg

If you don't see what's wrong, the texture should only be one pixel high as seen in the UV map, but in the model it's 2 pixels high. It does correct itself when reloading the model, but if you mess with the texture again the same problem happens.

So yeah. I have no idea which program is completely screwing the model over, but I do know for a fact that Modelbench is messing something up.

EDIT:

So now I'm getting annoyed. Someone suggested that I remake it with cubes, which I tried doing, but now when I open the model, nothing is there. And when I clicked on the Texture drop down menu, this happened:

of Draw Event
for object app:

invalid type for -= lhs={ { 1,1,1 },  } (type=2), rhs=1 (type=0)
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_percent (line 4)
called from - gml_Script_draw_meter (line 133)
called from - gml_Script_draw_group_textures (line 83)
called from - gml_Script_draw_group (line 25)
called from - gml_Script_draw_panel_groups (line 94)
called from - gml_Script_panel_draw_resources (line 59)
called from - gml_Script_panel_draw (line 150)
called from - gml_Script_draw_panels (line 11)
called from - gml_Script_draw_window (line 115)
called from - gml_Object_app_Draw_64 (line 28)

And if I were to try and save, this happens:

of Draw Event
for object app:

sprite_save argument 1 incorrect type (undefined) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_export_resource (line 8 )
called from - gml_Script_json_export_texture (line 23)
called from - gml_Script_model_generate_json (line 13)
called from - gml_Script_model_save (line 66)
called from - gml_Script_draw_button_box (line 125)
called from - gml_Script_panel_draw_menu (line 68)
called from - gml_Script_panel_draw (line 150)
called from - gml_Script_draw_panels (line 28)
called from - gml_Script_draw_window (line 115)
called from - gml_Object_app_Draw_64 (line 28)

(There's a space between the 8 and the parenthesis, since that will turn it into an emoji if I don't do that. yet another annoying thing.)

I have no idea what to do at this point.

Edited by Twotorule
Another one

For the first problem, that's because mine imator (or modelbench when you export the model, I dunno) use the same texture for ALL parts, so if you placed cubes with a different texture, well they won't have this different texture but the first one instead, and that create this mess: cubes that have the whole first texture applied on all their faces (I hope you understand what I mean). You need to make a .miobject file from the .mimodel file, where you change the messed up textures to the one you actually want (import your model in MI, change the messed up textures, and save your model). Also, I don't know if you can change that after creating a modelbench project or not, but try to tick on the option "skin" (so you can change the texture in MI)

And for the second glitch, I have no idea ?

34 minutes ago, Ghatos said:

For the first problem, that's because mine imator (or modelbench when you export the model, I dunno) use the same texture for ALL parts, so if you placed cubes with a different texture, well they won't have this different texture but the first one instead, and that create this mess: cubes that have the whole first texture applied on all their faces (I hope you understand what I mean). You need to make a .miobject file from the .mimodel file, where you change the messed up textures to the one you actually want (import your model in MI, change the messed up textures, and save your model). Also, I don't know if you can change that after creating a modelbench project or not, but try to tick on the option "skin" (so you can change the texture in MI)

And for the second glitch, I have no idea ?

I made the model entirely with 3D planes, and the all use the same texture. I went into Mine-Imator to see if changing the texture there would work, but nothing happened.

45 minutes ago, Davi12345 said:

try change the black thing to a cube

I don't think the texture will work with a cube. I made it for a 3D plane, since it already is able to do the sloping pixels at the front.

Edited by Twotorule