Independence Day Wallpaper

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So 3 days ago I realized I hadn't made anything for the fourth of July, so In about an hour, I threw this together. I didn't have time to add the details due to what I was doing that day. I just thought I'd post it, even though I'm 3 days late.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UUu7aOdQxLj2xasNWXsdBRpIlo8GXwME

The Insert image from URL button would allow me to put in the image. Tell me if you don't have access.

This looks pretty nice!

Things I noticed that were really good, especially for a beginner:

• There's enough light to see what's happening. Many new users use the default night without any other lights and so their renders are too dark. Good Job!
  • The text and the particles have their brightness turned up. This is good, and helps viewers actually see the stuff.
  • The cinematic ratio. It's more of a preference thing, but I really like it.

My suggestions:

• Add more scenery in the background to cover up the edges of the schematic. It doesn't have to be much, but it'll make the render look a bit better.
  • Try out some of the new camera graphical features, like Depth of Field. These settings can make your render pop more! There's no right way to use them, just experiment!
  • Be sure to use every rotation of a limb or object, even subtle changes to a character's pose makes them more lively.
  • Imgur is a good image hosting website, and integrates nicely to the forums so that your render can be displayed on your post instead of a link. I'll put a link to a tutorial at the end of my post here.
  • Another preference thing that you don't have to do, but might be fun to try, is the rule of thirds. Give it a google and see what you think!

Well, that's all from me. I hope to see more of your stuff in the future!

Here's the Imgur tutorial: