Thoughts on this very basic and not very well thought through story

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I would like to get your thoughts on this story idea

Steve’s adventure is about a guy named Steve as he goes from zero to hero, the first season is all about establishing who Steve is, and each episode is a “Learning” Episode, in the first, he spawns at night and gets killed by a creeper, second night skeleton, 3rd night zombie, so on and so forth, Episode 2 he starts learning how to gather resources, episode 3 crafting, so on and so forth, every episode slowly shows steve’s knowledge increasing as he starts to grasp what is going on.

The second season sees him joining a multiplayer world where he is a nobody to everyone else except Alex who shows a great deal of compassion, the two bond over time but the main focus is still on Steve, halfway through the season, a mob so powerful the ender dragon and wither boss are tame and weak, and start to terrorise the server, By the end, the mob is defeated and Steve is revered as a hero of the server.

Season 3 sees Herobrine introduced as the main villian and from the get go is already terrorizing the server, Steve however is not able to fight Herobrine like he did with the last big villain(oh and Steve and Alex get married), and tries everything to beat him, but fails every time, eventually Herobrine suceeds in setting the server to Hardcore, this sets into motion the events of season 4, and yes season 3 ends on a cliffhanger.

Season 4 is as one can expect, starts quite litterally from the end of Season 3, and surprisingly as the season unfolds players who die remain dead, and that DOES include Steve’s Wife Alex(Who Herobrine kidnapped at the end of season 3 and outright murdered in front of Steve at the beginning of season 4), steve realises he needs to do something Herobrine would never do..........and thats all i have, my head is empty at that point.

Well, before you figure out what Herobrine wouldn't do, you need to know what he WOULD do. In this story, he doesn't have any motivation for setting the world to hardcore. I think that he would believe that nobody cared about their lives and what happens, since they would just respawn. He would want to set the world to hardcore to give the players' lives meaning, as well as add a ton of weight to their actions. Steve doesn't see it like this, so Herobrine tries to make him see by killing Alex. Steve would then realize that all of his actions now had a lasting effect.

Now, you would be able to figure out what Herobrine wouldn't do. He doesn't turn the world to Hardcore to end it. If he wanted to do that, he could just delete it. Steve should try to delete the world so he could start a new one; one without Herobrine. Although, only he knew that was possible. But, of course, Herobrine tries to stop him by protecting whatever is able to end the world heavily. To make matters worse, no one would see him as a hero, since all they see is him ending the world. They have no idea creating a new one was possible. So, pretty much, everyone is against Steve.

You could probably figure out what happens next. Steve manages to delete the world, get Alex back, and all of that other jazz. How he does it and what happens on the way will be left up to you. 

Edited by Twotorule

12 hours ago, HeYoNia said:

Pretty good story establishment.

Thank you, I have to admit, Storytelling or story making is not a particularly strong skill of mine.

9 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Kind of reminds me of Dig Build Live, too.

Admittedly, That is one of the sparks of inspiration.

6 hours ago, Twotorule said:

Well, before you figure out what Herobrine wouldn't do, you need to know what he WOULD do. In this story, he doesn't have any motivation for setting the world to hardcore. I think that he would believe that nobody cared about their lives and what happens, since they would just respawn. He would want to set the world to hardcore to give the players' lives meaning, as well as add a ton of weight to their actions. Steve doesn't see it like this, so Herobrine tries to make him see by killing Alex. Steve would then realize that all of his actions now had a lasting effect.

Now, you would be able to figure out what Herobrine wouldn't do. He doesn't turn the world to Hardcore to end it. If he wanted to do that, he could just delete it. Steve should try to delete the world so he could start a new one; one without Herobrine. Although, only he knew that was possible. But, of course, Herobrine tries to stop him by protecting whatever is able to end the world heavily. To make matters worse, no one would see him as a hero, since all they see is him ending the world. They have no idea creating a new one was possible. So, pretty much, everyone is against Steve.

You could probably figure out what happens next. Steve manages to delete the world, get Alex back, and all of that other jazz. How he does it and what happens on the way will be left up to you. 

Wow, you tell a better story than I do, I wanna bring in mods but with this series I wanna keep it all vanilla as having to model all the different mod things would take forever. Apart of me also wants to implement Entity 303 and Null, but I cannot think of a way to bring them into the long term story.