Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

3 hours ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

Looks kinda good but you can barely see the edge glow though

...which is not always a bad thing. i have seen a lot of people complain about edge glow in renders, so i prefer it to be subtle.

also WILL SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO DO THIS?! i have never figured out how to do edge glow!!

1 hour ago, Slime said:

too bright and way too much edge glow.

nah not really. it's less than most renders.

Edited by Draco63

6 hours ago, SWP said:

interesting. What did you do?

4 hours ago, Draco63 said:

also WILL SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO DO THIS?! i have never figured out how to do edge glow!!

I sized up the character to 5, then put spotlights around it at certain points, especially near the edges.

5 hours ago, Slime said:

too bright and way too much edge glow.

I've gotten so much mixed feedback on this. Either it's too much or not enough.

7 hours ago, OzFalcon said:

I think the use of a skin with a heavy use of its 3D layer was not a great idea to practice bevel edges with

I just need to make a skin without it. Most of my skins have extra detail.

5 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

In my personal opinion, the size of the edge glow is a bit too large. The intensity of it is good though.

Try experimenting with spotlights.

I was using spotlights. I'll try to do more experimentation.

2 hours ago, Jake_28 said:

What __Mine__ said. You can put the whole scene in a folder and size it up to get a smaller size btw.

I'm so confused.

Oh god..uhmm...how do i say it without being rude?

The shadow that it create from the spotlight is messy and it is too on your face. That could be either fault, either there is too much extrusion or the shadow is too dark

The only thing i like is the hair, it has very little shadow but you can still see it even if it really subtle

But yeah, my main problem with that render is that the shadow is too in your face

21 hours ago, PigmanMovie said:

Oh god..uhmm...how do i say it without being rude?

The shadow that it create from the spotlight is messy and it is too on your face. That could be either fault, either there is too much extrusion or the shadow is too dark

The only thing i like is the hair, it has very little shadow but you can still see it even if it really subtle

But yeah, my main problem with that render is that the shadow is too in your face

I'll work on it.