(STILL OPEN) Voice Actors/Actresses needed for long-term project

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello there!

I want to do a whole animation series with ~30 episodes on YouTube, and I'm lacking voice actors and actresses for the dialogues.
I honestly don't know yet if it'll be paid or not, I'm still figuring out how taxes work and such (I live in austria ^^').

Anyway, if you're curious, you can check my video out:

Right now, I'm still busy writing the script (in german), and I will translate the dialogues for the english version once the german script is completely done, because it would make little sense to translate it now while I'm still editing it all over the place, haha.
So why am I making this advertisement now? Because I'm kinda in a hurry - I want to launch the first episode on december 2nd this year, so I'd be ideal to have as little waiting time as possible between the script-writing and the recording, because only after the recordings are done I can start animating, otherwise it'll be just a whole mess (it'll be that anyway, but. xD)

The rest should be mentioned in the video… I think.
Minimum requirements are a good microphone (though a good headset might do it too) and time. Mostly just time.

If you're interested, please write a comment under the video or message me per PM (don't worry if my response might take a while, I'm not that active here).
Thank you~

3 minutes ago, Ethanial said:

Unoriginal, over saturated content.

That's judging a book only by it's cover, though. The school is the location of my series - but what this series focuses on is character stories. And the general weirdness of being set in a world where minecraft mobs gained memory thanks to a mod, and have evolved to change their behavoir accordingly - but I don't wanna spoil it too much. :P

11 hours ago, Hagus said:

Maybe you should include what kind of voices are needed, and maybe a bit more of the plot. Since everyone thinks it's just another Monster School Animation.

Damn… I didn't know that topic was so toxic here. My project started out as parody of Monster School back in 2013 when I was only 13, but it has evolved into it's own story since, and the characters have really grown on me. Like, I really, REALLY want to do this project. I have an idea for a totally different series after this one, but I want to tell these characters' stories first.
Anyway, enough rambling, haha.

FOR ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO GIVE THIS A SHOT (Plot Spoilers):

Spoiler

The series is set on a minecraft server of two admins who wanted to do a little experiment. They made a mod which gives every mob who has been named with a name-tag access to a memory system, so they can remember where they went and what happened when they did, and such. Later, they included relationships, a problem solution algorythm, a daily routine and a communication algorythm.
And, uh, even bigger spoiler:

Spoiler

They also developed an bot which controls a cracked minecraft client, so bot players can join their world and try to survive. They use the same algorythms for that, so these players are basically NPCs.

What happened in their history is that, starting in 1.7, players (or the "humans") tried to survive and monsters attacked them. However, humans have one big advantage: They can respawn. Their memory and all is reset when they die, but their appearance and name stays the same, so the monsters still associate the same person when they see them. However, named monsters who die do not respawn, so their own memory is lost and only living monsters can remember them. Thus, they learn that when they die, it's for good and even though they can try and fight humans, they will respawn and the monsters will never be able to eliminate them completely.
So, they change their behavoir. Instead of attacking a human when they see them, they choose to ignore their vanilla-minecraft-behavoir and focus on trying to avoid damage, which means running from the player. They make bounds with other mobs so they have higher chances of killing a human when they cannot flee.

Now, this goes on for a while, but in the mean time, the other admin starts building a village and names villagers so they act smarter and don't die all the time (1.7 AI, good times huh xD).
Okay so from there, I think I can summarize a little more, this is getting long uhh xD
Around 1.8, skeletons started discovering the village and started living closer to them. The admin was far away elsewhere, building another city.
They called their city Little City (that name is basically childhood for me) and populated it with monsters only. So these monsters have a positive association with humans.
Meanwhile, the villager city aka Springtown was getting populated with all named skeletons. (Zombies would still chase villagers, and other mobs have not been named outside of Little City.)
The humans too learned that it's bad when they die xD, and since death mostly comes from getting close to named skeletons (there are only 4 humans in the world, but like 20 skeletons), they travel far away from them.

When the admin finished building Little City and came back to Springtown, skeletons tried to attack them even though their vanilla-minecraft-behavoir doesn't persuade them (admin is in creative mode), because they learned that humans mean danger, but since the human does not seem to die and also not try to hurt them, they slowly realize that this human is different and they do not need to fear being attacked.

Okay and so the story evolves, named Zombies started not attacking villagers because skeletons have made friends with them and will kill them when they do, the humans begin to separate since no-named mobs are way less dangerous, the admin builds another city, some humans join a village because their trading is useful.

From there, we kinda have a transition from 1.9 to 1.10, not every event has its fixed place in the timeline.
… But actually, this is kinda what the story is build on summarized, so I won't spoil more lol.

Please, please do not steal this idea. I'm really looking forward to implementing it. :F

ABOUT THE CHARACTERS (No spoilers but it is really long lol)

Spoiler

MAIN CHARACTERS

SHUMBLEFF PUMPKINHEAD
A snow golem. Teacher of the school. Really loves books, myths, legends, all the stuff. I think I'll be voicing him, I love him too much xD

CHRIS & COLIN GREENESS
Creepers. Twins. Living in Little City. Little City is a very safe place, no unnamed mobs are even allowed to enter, everything is illuminated, caves there are built to rollercoasters xD. Therefore, they're not really aware of how vulnerable they are (exploding means death so, literally defenceless). They explored every corner of their city, and are quite adventurous and curious. Also, they've barely been without the other, so being together gives them confidence, but if they're separated they can be really shy.
(Only one voice actors needed for both roles, it's intentional that people will NOT be able to tell them apart :D)

REBJE FLINTENSTEEL (yes, this is a MC:SM reference)
Cave spider. Already has a voice actor, so I won't go deeper into it, because SPOILERS! :p
All you may know is… she's a strange little spider, tries to be independent, but fails in class and has to accept help xD And things other see as obvious might not always be so obvious for her.

CELLACI CLINK-CLANK
Stray. Lives in the very same snow plains the school is build in xD. Her family are nomads, so instead of having a set home, they're wandering around, spending the day in whatever cave is closest. Cellaci is extremely shy, and has quite low self-confidence. She doesn't really have a hobby other than looking at the stars, because whenever someone tried to teach her something, she gave up very quickly because she thinks she could never get as good. Now they kinda convinced her to go to the Frosty Witchcraft School, because no one in her family knows magic and they hope she can finally get some self-confidence.

SKLUUF BONEMEAL
Skeleton. Lives in Springtown. Loves to write short stories, and is kinda easygoing/lazy (lazy sounds so negative lmao). And, hmm. I actually find him the most hard to describe… his behavoir is impacted by his backstory, so he sometimes seems to act a little irrational. I love him tho xD, and he gets quite popular in the school, simply because he gets up and talks to them. So, you could technically consider him nice, but on other times he's really not- so yeah xD

HUSHIRA MARGUERITE
Spider. Lives in a sunflower plains. Loves exploring caves, so I guess she is adventurous. She's definitely a caring, nice individual, thinking before acting, trying to get everyone to get along. She is not the one who would start a conversation, though. Also, she's the best in class and gives extra lessons to Rebje haha xD

MELINDA FROM NINEBURG
Witch. Lives in the mesa plateaus in the south-west corner of the world… Literally, because there are the worldborders :D She is a talkactive, motivational, energetic being, and the supporting friend Cellaci will need haha. She also likes to travel, thus she decided to visit a school so far away, to see the world. Her sister Grisette is not that approving of it, but they get along very well anyway.

BOUDEY RICHMAN
Zombie. Comes out of nowhere on the second day and definitely not acts like a wild Zombie. Needs a voice actor? Maybe?? Who knows why??? xD Dammit.

GRATINA BLACK
Wither skeleton. Lives in - oh my gosh what could it be - the nether!! :O Is kinda very distant, or shy, or cold? Who knows. Anyway, talking to her tends to result in awkward silence, she is not very fond of the idea of revealing anything about herself. Though she will cause some problems later on…

MUZIO SILENT
Enderman - WITH GREEN EYES!! xD. Lives in Großbauten (I have yet to find a fitting english name for that town). Is kinda shy, nomes est omen xD, but he has one favourite topic: video games. (In this world, they're just text-based choose-your-adventure-stories, but WHO CARES!) And if you ask him anything about video games… you're better not planning to do anything in the next 2 hours, 'cause he will be ranting. :D
Already has a voice actor.

TOM STALLER SMITH? idk
Player - Player? PLAYER! What could a player do in a school meant for monsters? We will never know. Until somewhere in the middle of the series, at least. :P
How will the monsters react to him? Well, that's kinda the plot for the first episodes. So. Not gonna tell you xD
Anyway, he is… kinda blank xD
He's just your ordinary human, not talking too much, a real realist, just confusing and accidentally triggering everyone. :P

MILLIE SWAMP-GRASS
Mooshroom. Does not need a voice actor because she is a cow, duh. …Wait, what does she do here then?? Like, animals are not affected by the mod! You can name a cow and it won't act any different! … So she probably isn't a person, and doesn't need to be treated as a person in any way. Oh well :P

SIDE CHARACTERS

GRISETTE FROM NINEBURG
Witch. Grisette's sister. Sticks with her family's traditions and views, as opposed to Melinde - but they've made so good memories together, their friendship is not gonna be broken by some different opinions.
She actually visits the school and interacts with other students, and I imagine a deeper voice for her than for Melinda, so she cut really close to not being a main character. Maybe I'll change it. I mean, I would really like an own voice actress for her - but I guess Melindas VA could to it too… :p

ALEXANDRA (I need a better name for her)
Player. Why does she play a role? I won't tell. :P I mean, you can probably image for who she's gonna play an important role. BUT STILL, NOT TELLING YA xD

DRAKE
Wither skeleton. Male. Deep voice. … Hmm. :P

MINOR CHARACTERS

QUINTUS
Skeleton. A real libertine… maybe even too much :D

NILS
Villager. I mean he doesn't really need a VA. He's not that important lol xD

PHIL
…He says like 2 sentences.

SOME SPIDERS

SOME ILLAGERS

I HAVE TO MANY CHARACTERS

But I'm fine with only having the main characters their own voice. Side and minor characters can be spoken by the same voice actors, especially for the family members of the main characters.

So, uh, yeah. Some Wall of Text for you XD

Please only participate if you're really interested. I want this project to be good. :D