Triangles [Suggestion]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I tried Modelbench to discover that there is no freehand triangle feature. Mine-imator should have triangles that can be manipulated in any way, shape, or form. Using "cones" doesn't do this justice, as the cone feature is limited to equilateral triangles only.

This is just a thought. The implications of this are huge.

I don't know much about json models, but I'm pretty sure they're only able to be in voxel form. I've tried to import json versions of actual 3D models into MI before but they're always turned into voxels, and you can't raise the voxel count too much or the model just doesn't show up, and MB saves models in the json format. So unless a deformation thing for individual vertices is implemented into MB and MI, then I don't think this'll ever become a thing. Unless MI suddenly supports a new file type to allow actual 3D models, but I can definitely tell you now this'll never be the case.

4 hours ago, JosSamLoh said:

I don't know much about json models, but I'm pretty sure they're only able to be in voxel form. I've tried to import json versions of actual 3D models into MI before but they're always turned into voxels, and you can't raise the voxel count too much or the model just doesn't show up, and MB saves models in the json format. So unless a deformation thing for individual vertices is implemented into MB and MI, then I don't think this'll ever become a thing. Unless MI suddenly supports a new file type to allow actual 3D models, but I can definitely tell you now this'll never be the case.

This is very interesting. What is so weird is that rasterization is the rendering of triangles to begin with. I am shocked that it is so complicated to do this within Mine-imator in the first place.