Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I was wandering through the MI forums when I stumbled upon a wind rig prank, but that's irrelevant.

While I was reading through the comments, I had an interesting idea:

Wind Paths: A line of sorts that can be moved around to direct the flow of wind along that line. It would have a Radius that controls to what extent from the line the wind is effected. The path itself would have a number of points that you can drag around to make a more complex path.

This could be used to make a valley seem to have wind rising up it's sides while having little wind in the center of the valley. It also could be used to give the effect of swirling grass.

This might have been suggested before, but as far as I'm aware of it hasn't.

5 hours ago, 28stabwounds said:

so you mean if i make "wind line" point at one direction like to the left the wind will go to that direction of a valley and make swirling grass sway to the left is that what you meant?

That could be another "wind object", but no, the idea is that you set up the path so that the wind would follow it in that area. Basically this allows you to have an editable tunnel of wind that effects the objects within it.

To get an idea on what it would look like, look up what NURBS Paths look like in Blender as a reference.

Edited by Hectoris919

On 6/9/2019 at 11:25 AM, Hectoris919 said:

That could be another "wind object", but no, the idea is that you set up the path so that the wind would follow it in that area. Basically this allows you to have an editable tunnel of wind that effects the objects within it.

To get an idea on what it would look like, look up what NURBS Paths look like in Blender as a reference.

oh thats what it is also i have never used blender before