Jump to content
moniker

How much stuff can you load before Mineimator becomes unsmooth? type your computer.

Recommended Posts

How much stuff can you load in terms of schematics, keyframes, audio files etc, before moving around with the camera becomes unsmooth? (and im not talking in render mode but in normal mode)

 

Im really sick of working on longer animations and loading a couple of scenario schematics, keyframes, audio etc, and moving around with the camera becomes unsmooth. I wonder if my computer is old or if Mineimator is just really bad at dealing with resources.

Post your performance and your current computer (CPU, ram, graphic card) to see if its worth it for me to update. I was considering buying a 3700x when it comes out with 32GB of ram and a SSD to see if I can forget about technical limitations and just do whatever I want at full fps.

 

Im just worried that specially in terms of cores Mineimator doesn't make much use of it so I would be investing on a 12 core next gen CPU for nothing.

Edited by moniker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Performance usually depends on what's being rendered in Mine-imator and not what's being held in memory.(Though having multiple HUGE scenes could be an issue.) I can have a ton of human models in my scene and the performance will drop, but once they're hidden, a lot of performance is restored. Also, Mine-imator is single-threaded, so multiple cores won't help you too much with making Mine-imator run faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Nimi said:

Performance usually depends on what's being rendered in Mine-imator and not what's being held in memory.(Though having multiple HUGE scenes could be an issue.) I can have a ton of human models in my scene and the performance will drop, but once they're hidden, a lot of performance is restored. Also, Mine-imator is single-threaded, so multiple cores won't help you too much with making Mine-imator run faster, with proper physics, solid worlds and so on.

Im currently using a 10 year old quadcore so I hope the jump into a 3700x is worth it and it stays at 60fps.

 

I'll also buy a NAVI whenever it's released.

 

I wish that mineimator could make use of hyperthreading but it's just probably gamemaker's fault once again limiting the program.

 

Someday the program will be ported into a proper language and I think we will have massive scenarios with massive amounts of models at smooth performance.

Edited by moniker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, Cubic Ralsei said:

Me having ACM and a face rig on a character makes the unrendered mode go in 20 fps or something.

what computer do you have?

 

Im afraid that when I get the 3900x it's still going to be crap because basically the program cannot deal with resources probably because of gamemaker being hell

 

specially when you start adding low movement cycles and have a bunch of keyframes it starts struggling

 

i really hope upgrading to the strongest computer currently allows for smooth editing otherwise i will give up on this software

Edited by moniker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moniker said:

what computer do you have?

 

Im afraid that when I get the 3900x it's still going to be crap because basically the program cannot deal with resources probably because of gamemaker being hell

 

specially when you start adding low movement cycles and have a bunch of keyframes it starts struggling

 

i really hope upgrading to the strongest computer currently allows for smooth editing otherwise i will give up on this software

My computer has a GTX 1070 and an intel core i7 2600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, moniker said:

well that's depressing

 

 

i actually don't have any performance issues in game though, it's probably some sort of incorrect naming or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

i actually don't have any performance issues in game though, it's probably some sort of incorrect naming or something

what do you mean in game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't get it. Right now im at 2.8 GB used and  CPU 30-40% so there's resources left, and Mineimator is at like 5 fps non rendered mode with the work camera open because I have like 15 models with a bunch of keyframes. I just think Gamemaker is absolute garbage so even if I update to a beast like 3900x performance will still be poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
2
On 5/21/2019 at 8:02 PM, moniker said:

Im just worried that specially in terms of cores Mineimator doesn't make much use of it so I would be investing on a 12 core next gen CPU for nothing.

i doubt you would just upgrade your pc for mine-imator, and i really dont suggest doing it JUST for mine-imator..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 1:53 PM, GamersOnVideos said:

i doubt you would just upgrade your pc for mine-imator, and i really dont suggest doing it JUST for mine-imator..

i will update for many things including mineimator, but im afraid it's still going to suck because the main problem is the program not my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 10:14 PM, moniker said:

i will update for many things including mineimator, but im afraid it's still going to suck because the main problem is the program not my computer.

well to be fair, you should put different scenes into different projects anyway, if your animation is very large. then export them manually and combine them into 1 video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GamersOnVideos said:

well to be fair, you should put different scenes into different projects anyway, if your animation is very large. then export them manually and combine them into 1 video.

But this is insanely annoying. Also in many instances you just cant. For instance you are trying to create a scene with 20+ mobs walking. It becomes a mess because Gamemaker derps when you add all those keyframes. It's just that the program sucks. Mineimator needs to be ported into a proper engine.

Edited by moniker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, moniker said:

But this is insanely annoying. Also in many instances you just cant. For instance you are trying to create a scene with 20+ mobs walking. It becomes a mess because Gamemaker derps when you add all those keyframes. It's just that the program sucks. Mineimator needs to be ported into a proper engine.

 

i don't see that happening any time soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 2:27 AM, Nimi said:

Mine-imator is single-threaded, so multiple cores won't help you too much with making Mine-imator run faster.

But why...(no wonder MI runs about 50% CPU only on my PC)

 

On 6/1/2019 at 11:38 PM, moniker said:

I just don't get it. Right now im at 2.8 GB used and  CPU 30-40% so there's resources left, and Mineimator is at like 5 fps non rendered mode with the work camera open because I have like 15 models with a bunch of keyframes. I just think Gamemaker is absolute garbage so even if I update to a beast like 3900x performance will still be poor.

Don't expect Mine Imator to use much CPU power. It mostly relies on GPU to render objects.

Mine-imator_2019_06_05_09_20_29_799.png?

here's my current Benchmarks for Mine Imator, it stays on 60 fps (probably 100-150 if it's uncapped) when nothing is loaded.

After loading a few medium sized schematics I'd say it gets on 40-60 FPS and when I use a camera Oh boy here's when the fun begins

it turns to about 20 fps (Cameras are so unoptimized)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acm with a face rig for me dips the fps down to around 30 - 20 in unrendered mode. In rendered mode it goes down to around 1 - 2. But if i'm just using regular steves i always get 60 fps or above. I have a gtx 1060 with a severely outdated i3 processor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 8:16 AM, HeYoNia said:

But why...(no wonder MI runs about 50% CPU only on my PC)

 

Don't expect Mine Imator to use much CPU power. It mostly relies on GPU to render objects.

Mine-imator_2019_06_05_09_20_29_799.png?

here's my current Benchmarks for Mine Imator, it stays on 60 fps (probably 100-150 if it's uncapped) when nothing is loaded.

After loading a few medium sized schematics I'd say it gets on 40-60 FPS and when I use a camera Oh boy here's when the fun begins

it turns to about 20 fps (Cameras are so unoptimized)

Yeah when you open the work camera it gets so slow, and when you click on "toggle controls wireframes and highlights" it's a disaster. If you disable it you see how much resources it consumes. This software is a mess tbh. It makes no sense that it consumes to many resources considering what's going on is not too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 9:29 PM, Hozq said:

Acm with a face rig for me dips the fps down to around 30 - 20 in unrendered mode. In rendered mode it goes down to around 1 - 2. But if i'm just using regular steves i always get 60 fps or above. I have a gtx 1060 with a severely outdated i3 processor

hot damn how much bottle neck do you get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...