Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

my first time being here and my first time using MI soo my first wallpaper CC will be nice

mEOh74T.jpg

edit:ayy thanks for cc guys and i added a bit of illuminated light i kinda tried to copying the same light color as the moon in the sky or sort

Edited by 28stabwounds

10 hours ago, SuperNerdNathan said:

That's the point. The city I supposed to stay dark in the shadows, while Steve is supposed to be in the foreground illuminated.

While that's a perfect thing to aim for, there is a point where 90% of the wallpaper is full of stuff you can't see and the camera angle implies it's important. For example, Steve is blurry but the city is clear due to DOF, which tells our eyes to look at the city first, which is a bit too dark to see anyway. I like the scenery you chose though.

It is possible to make a gloomy scene while still having texture and visibility to your lighting though. I would recommend trying to emulate a bit of moonlight to cast on everything. It doesn't have to be bright, just needs to illuminate important corners enough for us to at least recognize at first glance what the wallpaper is about. It would also help to try out other camera effects in the future, like color correction and vignettes to get a more gloomy and stylized look without sacrificing boringness. Steve's pose could also be a little more interesting.

First time using Mine-imator though? I mean come on, this is fantastic for a beginner. The more I zoomed in on the wallpaper the more detail I found that I'm guessing most people didn't find at first glance. The skybox is a great choice, the scenery looks awesome, and the torch lighting is alright. I actually liked scrolling through the city, zoomed in, more than looking at Steve, who you say is the main subject of the wallpaper. Just a thought in that regard. All in all though, this is great and you're already on the right path. Just practice a bunch and you'll definitely see natural improvement really soon I'm guessing.

16 hours ago, Rollo said:

While that's a perfect thing to aim for, there is a point where 90% of the wallpaper is full of stuff you can't see and the camera angle implies it's important. For example, Steve is blurry but the city is clear due to DOF, which tells our eyes to look at the city first, which is a bit too dark to see anyway. I like the scenery you chose though.

It is possible to make a gloomy scene while still having texture and visibility to your lighting though. I would recommend trying to emulate a bit of moonlight to cast on everything. It doesn't have to be bright, just needs to illuminate important corners enough for us to at least recognize at first glance what the wallpaper is about. It would also help to try out other camera effects in the future, like color correction and vignettes to get a more gloomy and stylized look without sacrificing boringness. Steve's pose could also be a little more interesting.

First time using Mine-imator though? I mean come on, this is fantastic for a beginner. The more I zoomed in on the wallpaper the more detail I found that I'm guessing most people didn't find at first glance. The skybox is a great choice, the scenery looks awesome, and the torch lighting is alright. I actually liked scrolling through the city, zoomed in, more than looking at Steve, who you say is the main subject of the wallpaper. Just a thought in that regard. All in all though, this is great and you're already on the right path. Just practice a bunch and you'll definitely see natural improvement really soon I'm guessing.

yes it is my first time using MI and i decided to make this cus i messed around with every single thing in the camera to fit this wallpaper also thanks for the CC dude appreciate it 

edit: yes i realised that until i read every comment in this i just looked at the wallpaper and agreed Me:ohh yeah they are right it is too dark

Edited by 28stabwounds

On 5/19/2019 at 9:36 PM, Skjold said:

I would probably think it was cool if you could actually see anything.

Could it be your monitor brightness/colors/gamma not being near the same as anyone else's? my old windows 7 was pretty dark compared to newer monitors and before ambient renders seemed super dark! Now I can see things without it being too bright. Its a change!