Particles hitting other objects

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

9 hours ago, Dr.Trance said:

I dont know if its just me but i want an option for particles that when they hit another object (such as your scenery) they bounce of of it or land on top of it.

I'd assume that to be rather resource hogging on your PC.

Because Mine-imator would have to not only load in every block, read the world, ect. But it would also have to add collision boxes for each and every block within the world.

As I said, I'm assuming. Still a little new when it comes to game development.

13 hours ago, jakubg1 said:

An alternate way would be using collision boxes in a way like it's now used for despawning the particles when one hits that bounding box.

But the way it works now, it's only got 8 vertices (a cube), so to add a collision box for every object unless it's a flat surface, could have hundreds or even THOUSANDS of vertices, to make up a scenery. 

15 hours ago, Che3syPlayz said:

But the way it works now, it's only got 8 vertices (a cube), so to add a collision box for every object unless it's a flat surface, could have hundreds or even THOUSANDS of vertices, to make up a scenery. 

I don't exactly know what do you mean. You misunderstand a single, fixed cube and a bunch of cubes that make up the scenery.

And in the way it works now, the fixed cube system doesn't even use vertices, because for each particle it checks if any of X, Y and Z positions are outside of the range <X-scale, X+scale>. If so, then the particle is removed.

Edited by jakubg1