Local Movement

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Greetings!

I hope this is a newbie question. After searching for a while I have not been able to find how to activate local movement on objects. For example if I want to make a character move forwards diagonally from the world usually you use local movement on 3D programs. I've been having to move left right left right etc.. so I can move a character forwards which is somewhat imprecise.

Can anyone help me find the option to turn shift to local movement? If it does not exist is there a workaround or is this a feature that might be implemented down the line?

Regardless thank you very much for your time.

6 answers to this question

Coordinates are relative to any parent objects in Mine-imator, thus an easy workaround is to place your character inside of a folder, then apply your rotation to that folder. That way, the axes on the character's keyframes will change their orientation as well.

3b052db063c692141a6bb76769d11f78.gif

Edited by Voxy

As far as I know, you can't do that in Mine-Imator, and ther're no workaround. Maybe Nimi will implement that in the next version, who knows? (Nimi is the developer of Mine-imator)

Sorry :(

EDIT: oh well I was wrong ?

Edited by Ghatos

Nope, I mean for example if I turn a character on the Y axis, then the positional axis handles of the character remain in world space as opposed to the characters. So to move a character forward one must use Z and X axis instead of just one as in most 3D apps once change more world to local motion. Does this make more sense?