DUEL | An Animation Tarantino Style

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

43 minutes ago, OzFalcon said:

One thing I really want to stress is the mix between comedy and seriousness. Both the villager and red hoodie guy at the end really, really, messed with the overall tone of the film, bringing down its quality by just a smidge. Don't be afraid to keep things mysterious and dark, it worked well for the first half of this. I would point out the animation which needs some improvement, but honestly, the not-so-great animation is really not too noticeable compared with just the sheer ambition you clearly have. I LOVED the amount of ambition which was shown here, and I really think you'll end up as an amazing filmmaker and animator as time goes on. Just remember to keep your tone clear and consistent. Thumbs up dude! ?

about the comedy part.. thats why its called tarantino style xD btw, tnx m8. 

oh and ill ad an alternate ending with more clips about what happened in the 20 years later part, but first i have to make a rifle rig. the reason for the comedy part is.. i wanted it to stay tarantino-ish as possible. i wanted that dark but funny concept that he does. and tbh its harder than i thought it would be. so tnx, i respect u m8

Edited by Shikurin

I agree with much of OzFalcon's points.

I did detect some of the Tarantino vibe, but the comedy aspect didn't quite hit the mark. Balancing serious tones with comedy can be a challenge, especially with how easily Minecraft can come off as goofy-looking. A lot of Tarantino's comedy is derived from the quirkiness and absurdity of the characters, the actual mood of the scenes don't necessarily change.

20 hours ago, AnxiousCynic said:

I agree with much of OzFalcon's points.

I did detect some of the Tarantino vibe, but the comedy aspect didn't quite hit the mark. Balancing serious tones with comedy can be a challenge, especially with how easily Minecraft can come off as goofy-looking. A lot of Tarantino's comedy is derived from the quirkiness and absurdity of the characters, the actual mood of the scenes don't necessarily change.

omg anxious cynic!! ok.. so.. i just watched more tarantino. i just realised that its not the scene that should be comedy, its actually the dialogue. for example, the two scenes in django unchained, when big daddy's people were about to kill schultz and django. and when samuel l Jackson was letting django and schultz leave the big house,it was set in something bad but its the characters that were the ones making it funnier.