Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

The lighting is okay, but the shadows are really dark, the pose is stiff, and the rain COULD be better. Also, the buildings and everything just cut off randomly on the left side of the wallpaper. Try to avoid showing the edge of a schematic when making renders.

Edited by TheJeweledWolf

2 hours ago, xXsentienXx said:

like the lighting but the poses look a bit stiff and idk if the rain looks fake or not @9redwoods you judge

Indeed it does

BUT!

Fake doesn't always mean bad, there can be style to it. When I say rain looks fake, I'm saying it looks 2D (no depth) and it goes past where the ground is.

Here, it's in front of everything, except a mask around the character, but you can still see rain on the edges. What I usually do is create 3 layers of a rain texture above the wallpaper. Then, I make one texture small, one texture medium, and one texture large. The small rain texture should not be put in front of the character and closer objects, so I erase it where it shouldn't be. The medium-sized rain texture shouldn't be where close objects are, so erase it there if there are any close objects. Now for the large rain texture, I usually blur it a little bit so it's not as distracting.

I hope this helps, and I hope to see more from you, left, in the future!