I see unique features on characters, How do I do that??

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

So I've messed with Mine-Imator a little bit and I've watched some people who make animation's using Mine-Imator. So I'm teaching myself and trying to figure out things, but I saw a video where one of the characters had like devil horns and like they had like some sorta marks on their character's face and it looked pretty cool. I' know what rigs are and looked around for something related to it and I'm unsure if its rigs or like making custom things so what is this? Sorta like the picture below it interests me. I know this sounds like I'm pretty stupid.U9vkTEY.png

4 answers to this question

You can place surfaces on the face of a character to make something like that. Some people, as ThatGuyBrian said, use item sheets and make the use of the 3D item feature to make 3D things such as ears, 3D swords, 3D hair, and some other things.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:36 PM, ThatGuyBrian said:

item sheets, custom textures, modelbench, and planes

anxiouscynic has a wonderfully simple tutorial on making, implementing, and utilizing custom item sheets

Thank you for the help! 

On 3/19/2019 at 9:51 PM, Cubic Ralsei said:

You can place surfaces on the face of a character to make something like that. Some people, as ThatGuyBrian said, use item sheets and make the use of the 3D item feature to make 3D things such as ears, 3D swords, 3D hair, and some other things.

Thank you for the help!

On 3/19/2019 at 11:00 PM, TheFastFilms said:

Parenting colored cubes and textured things to a face is how this is done.

Also would like to add with this video, you no longer need the textures to be in sheets.

Thank you for the help!