Advanced Steve and Alex rig

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello... allow me to say that after 2 years of vacation from this forum, i've come to the decision to do a slight tweak to my rig due to version difference issues, turn it into .miobject (it was .object), and release my rig for everyone.

Maybe someone already did what i did, and it's pretty much old, but not obsolete... Idk, you tell me

First off... i will show you the rig

Spoiler

1z23u5z.png

Your reaction : WHAT?!!! This is just a basic model with planes stuck on it!!! and armor pieces.

HOLD ON!!! Not yet!!! this is not entirely a facial rig. You move the eyes, you scale the mouth and the jaw, but there's more.

Now you see the image... time to see how the rig actually works. Focus on how the character moves.

Spoiler

Watch it in 60 fps, turn on captions for dialogue.

Yes.. it was uploaded pretty much long ago. I think some of you guys have seen this in one of my random/test animation section around 2017.

Now you pretty much understand it, do you? it's all about fluid animation

I created this rig somewhere around 2016 (When mine-imator is at 1.0.0 release 5 back then) when i read a tutorial about making a smooth camera shake, and folder as camera's pivot point trick (Which makes camera orbit feature useless, and removed). This makes me think that i can apply this trick to player models. It can't be achieved with basic player model, it has to be body parts joined together. 

This is a character rig, much more focused on fluid animation. The rig allows you to move any parts of the body in multiple directions, i mean... you can move the arm forward while having it to shake during transition (overlapping movement), one layer to move it forward, another one to move it left and right repeatedly as shown in the video.

It's basically body pieces with folders, and armor...

Now it depends on your animation skill for best results.

Download the rig here

You can try it yourself, call me/quote me if you used it in your animation because i want to know how effective it was.

And about the armor, you can swap the textures for diamond or others, you may be required to duplicate the armor object if you try for colored leather armor.

Edited by XanderTheV
More info