I remember when I found that effect by accident in the demo 1.0.0 days. (I believe it has to do with scaling objects larger than normal). I think that lighting effect works better as a fake specular map, or for naturally glossy objects. But for characters or most things, I would advise you stay away from using this particular shading method as it looks odd. I honestly just find it funny that recently I've been seeing this effect being more widely used that I stumbled upon years ago. Great effect, but only best used in certain scenarios. My only other gripe with this photo is the composition of frame being a 'dutch angle'. I think angles like that can work, but here it's used with no real thought put into it. From experience I would say framing a shot is highly important with what kind of look/tone you want to archive. Other than these criticisms, I think at least the set pieces and set design is rather nice.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:34 PM, Waveform Digital said:

I remember when I found that effect by accident in the demo 1.0.0 days. (I believe it has to do with scaling objects larger than normal). I think that lighting effect works better as a fake specular map, or for naturally glossy objects. But for characters or most things, I would advise you stay away from using this particular shading method as it looks odd. I honestly just find it funny that recently I've been seeing this effect being more widely used that I stumbled upon years ago. Great effect, but only best used in certain scenarios. My only other gripe with this photo is the composition of frame being a 'dutch angle'. I think angles like that can work, but here it's used with no real thought put into it. From experience I would say framing a shot is highly important with what kind of look/tone you want to archive. Other than these criticisms, I think at least the set pieces and set design is rather nice.

do you know how to do it? i need to know!

On 3/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, xXsentienXx said:

how in the world can you do edgeglow ive been trying to do that forever

Put spotlights around a character/object and you will after a while get an edge glow.