Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Recently I and many others have seen new and old users thinking attempted CC (constructive criticism) is hate (FYI this isn't directed towards anyone specific). Now, this is posing a problem for those users and their improvement in what they make. So I have some things to say about this.

First, let me say one thing that will help. nobody is perfect, nothing anyone has or will make will ever be perfect. Perfect means without flaw, and everything has flaw. Even if it looks really good, there will without a doubt be an issue that you look hard enough.

Second, those people who do criticize like @9redwoods are not trying to hurt you. They try to help you and a lot of new people are mistaking that help as hate. Now, remember, all (or at least most) are trying to help you, no matter how they phrase what they say.

Lastly, don't take any of what I said as hate or me calling anyone else out.

Anyway G'day lads and enjoy yourself.

Edited by MikTRF
Changed name

this is beautiful. *single tear runs down cheek*

Edit: Thank you so much for clarifying this for everyone to see. It gets on my nerves whenever someone works really hard making constructive criticism and tries to go out of their way to sound nice while doing so, and then some overprotective child yells at them and tries to defend their work with unnecessary excuses. As you said,

Everything has flaws.

Edited by Sticknub

stop using the term "cc"

So how do you identify it? You never really explained that even though it's in the title of the topic, you just said how people aren't intending "hate" with what they say. The thing with that though is that most of these people who have a negative reaction, y'know the ones this topic is probably referring to, are already aware of that. They're well aware people are trying to help, but it still bothers them for various reasons. I'm not saying that's good or anything, but you have the wrong narrative here and are more or less stating the obvious.

2 minutes ago, EnderSculptor said:

two things
1:you're just plain wrong, please please please don't use it
2:this is completely off-topic.

holy heck you didn't read my signature think twice because replying

Edited by Cubic Ralsei

6 hours ago, tditdatdwt said:

stop using the term "cc"

So how do you identify it? You never really explained that even though it's in the title of the topic, you just said how people aren't intending "hate" with what they say. The thing with that though is that most of these people who have a negative reaction, y'know the ones this topic is probably referring to, are already aware of that. They're well aware people are trying to help, but it still bothers them for various reasons. I'm not saying that's good or anything, but you have the wrong narrative here and are more or less stating the obvious.

I forgot to change the name, I will change it now.

1 hour ago, DuallyElemental said:

Bucko stop stealing my leaving phrase

It's a good leaving phrase, it sounds nice.

So what you basically said was

The first part is you basically saying that everyone isn't immune to criticisms and other shit

the second part was @9redwoods Isn't an ugly bastard who hates on wallpapers, He's actually trying to help but the way he interprets it is sometimes a little bit ehh

It's either the guy has no common sense and take the criticism as hate or 9redwoods sucks at criticisms

2 hours ago, HeYoNia said:

So what you basically said was

The first part is you basically saying that everyone isn't immune to criticisms and other shit

the second part was @9redwoods Isn't an ugly bastard who hates on wallpapers, He's actually trying to help but the way he interprets it is sometimes a little bit ehh

Pretty much

What's funny is that many people seem to hate on 9redwoods' constructive criticism for some reason, even though there are several people here who are a lot worse. Not going to mention any names though since I'd rather not start an argument.

I just try to sound as friendly as I can when providing constructive criticism, but what really matters is providing tips for the other person to improve for next time.
Too many times I've seen comments like "The lighting sucks." or "The posing is bland.". At the very least, elaborate. In what way is the lighting/posing/scenery bad? What can be done to make it better for next time? Things like that are the only way someone can genuinely improve, instead of just receiving comments like "This sucks" that provide no help whatsoever and just make the creator feel bad.