Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

How to animate talking? Conversational motion!

That answer is actually a BIT hard to answer. I've made a series of 2 videos where I go through the process of making a nice talking animation.

In the first video i've talked about lip sync, as it's a whole philosofy on it's own, talking about how to get the mouth in sync, how much to open it, how the speed should adjust, as faster motion of the mouth can indicate louder syllables, how to set the right tone, when to adjust the teeth, and what to do with the smile and frown.
In the second video (the one linked below) i talk about the body motion. How the character is supposed to move as well as how the face should act. I explain a lot about the character motion, reasons and causes, overlapping action with multiple timelines, body language and how to express motion with the body. On top of that, animating the face gives your character personality. It's very important to know how to animate the face, because that motion will reflect how your character feels, what's going through his mind and to put simply, what kind of a person he is. The end result looks pretty smooth and realistic. Me, being a VERY critical person and a perfectionist, i'd give it a whooping 9.5/10.

So i woulnd't hesitate to watch the tutorial linked below (that is, if you need to learn about how to animate conversations) :P

Spoiler

~Stay Sharp!