The lake [4K wallpaper]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

What's up? ?

I was trying to change some values in MI by using notepad++, and I've made this:

negati10.png

Believe me or not, but this image is not edited AT ALL.

So what do you guys think? Should I make a tutorial for doing that? and what do you think of the wallpaper itself? :D

EDIT: I've just made an edited version of the wallpaper, check this out!

Spoiler

negative_scale_test_better_water.png

EDIT 2: wait I just noticed something: why is this wallpaper in "work in progress"? I'm sure I've putted it in "wallpaper" ._.

Edited by Ghatos

i always liked this way of doing reflections, its hard but if you do it right it turns out pretty good, my only issue (and this is just how i do things) i would've gone into post to kind of blur the reflection a tiny bit. but i do realize you were trying to keep it unedited. looks good!

2 hours ago, GamingQuick said:

Did you import a layer of land without the underground and copy it, then use render depth to make it visible through the water?

Forgot to mention rotation

I did rotate the shematic, but it's not enough, also I used render depth, but only for hiding the shematic so we can see the reflect one. (and also for giving a better color to the water)

24 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

What values could you have changed to do this? And did you mean you edited the project file?

Yup, I've edited the project file with notepad++, and putted the Z scale to -1. then, I've ticked "show backfaces" because the shematic texture was displaying weirdly (it was kinda looking like this:)

WlM7TeL.png

Kinda looks like a hole in the earth because the blocks touching the water aren't evenly submerged. Awesome effect, though.

Ever think a reflection is just a window to a different dimension except flipped? Like your reflection is not actually you, but a different person in a different dimension that's so similar they copy your every move?

obv its not real its just fun to think about  

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Ever think a reflection is just a window to a different dimension except flipped? Like your reflection is not actually you, but a different person in a different dimension that's so similar they copy your every move?

I was thinking the same thing when I was younger XD

17 hours ago, Davi12345 said:

Where is the SSAO?

unknown.png

Here

4 hours ago, RoboCreep11 said:

It looks like there is another planet under the water, and if you swam into the water you would be in the other world.

Yeah, I'm seeing it like that too XD

2 hours ago, Bronze said:

Nice mr.cupcake

Thanks mr.dog!