EmberWing

A Fray In The Rain!

The obvious stuff:

Alright so first, let's get the elephant out of the room: The rain. It's pretty obvious it's an overlay tacked on when editing. Instead, try using particles to bring more depth to it.(Create a cube and mess with the appearance and movement in the particle creator tab. If you're unfamiliar with particles, here's a tutorial on them.)

Character/subject:

As for the character, the posing is fine however the expression they're making is hard to determine since the camera is backed away from the character and is very mundane.(Try making the smile bigger in height and tilting the eyebrows more?) Maybe also look into making the teeth a little brighter, don't be afraid to mess around with how an object looks in a still or under tricky lighting conditions.

Camera:

The composition is decent, though a decrease of the FOV(Field of view) would be nice to give the character a more prominent focus in the render. Now this is optional, but there's something called the "Rule of Thirds" in photography which can help bring focus to a subject in a picture or help balance a picture. If you want to apply it to this render, I'd recommend pushing the camera to the left so the character/subject aligns with the right line. You can enable a preview grid for this in MI by clicking the circled button in the first picture below. 

Spoiler

image.png.0cb1f8b4fda9b49b79dca3a6a30d509d.pngCanon-Snapshot-Street-VS-Portrait-Rule-of-Third_portrait_5.jpg

Since it's also rainy, I'd recommend enabling "Color correction" in the camera(if not already enabled and in use) and bringing the saturation down a little bit below 100%.(70% - 75%? Whatever looks good to you.)

Lighting:

The background lighting could probably also be a tad darker(It's raining, it's supposed to be pretty dark though try not to make it so you can't see the surrounding area.) and the torches' lighting could also be more orange to help tint objects around the torches to bring more color to the render.

Conclusion:

This is not a bad render and is fairly decent in comparison to most you'd find made in Mine-imator. The points I brought up are merely things I would do myself if I was making the wallpaper. 👍

4 minutes ago, Nimi said:

The obvious stuff:

Alright so first, let's get the elephant out of the room: The rain. It's pretty obvious it's an overlay tacked on when editing. Instead, try using particles to bring more depth to it.(Create a cube and mess with the appearance and movement in the particle creator tab. If you're unfamiliar with particles, here's a tutorial on them.)

So what you're saying is, that rain looks very fake?

42 minutes ago, Nimi said:

The obvious stuff:

Character/subject:

As for the character, the posing is fine however the expression they're making is hard to determine since the camera is backed away from the character and is very mundane.(Try making the smile bigger in height and tilting the eyebrows more?) Maybe also look into making the teeth a little brighter, don't be afraid to mess around with how an object looks in a still or under tricky lighting conditions.

Camera:

The composition is decent, though a decrease of the FOV(Field of view) would be nice to give the character a more prominent focus in the render. Now this is optional, but there's something called the "Rule of Thirds" in photography which can help bring focus to a subject in a picture or help balance a picture. If you want to apply it to this render, I'd recommend pushing the camera to the left so the character/subject aligns with the right line. You can enable a preview grid for this in MI by clicking the circled button in the first picture below. 

Hide contents

image.png.0cb1f8b4fda9b49b79dca3a6a30d509d.pngCanon-Snapshot-Street-VS-Portrait-Rule-of-Third_portrait_5.jpg

Since it's also rainy, I'd recommend enabling "Color correction" in the camera(if not already enabled and in use) and bringing the saturation down a little bit below 100%.(70% - 75%? Whatever looks good to you.)

Lighting:

The background lighting could probably also be a tad darker(It's raining, it's supposed to be pretty dark though try not to make it so you can't see the surrounding area.) and the torches' lighting could also be more orange to help tint objects around the torches to bring more color to the render.

Conclusion:

This is not a bad render and is fairly decent in comparison to most you'd find made in Mine-imator. The points I brought up are merely things I would do myself if I was making the wallpaper. 👍

😁 I didn’t expect you to comment lol, thanks for the tips! Most of the things you told me I could do, I actually already tried to do it, I obviously failed XD

Thank you 😀

21 minutes ago, TheJeweledWolf said:

Ember, congrats. You got critism from NIMI

I'm kinda jealous.

😄 Thanks, I wasn’t expecting it

On 2/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, EmberWing said:

Everywhere I go

Every wallpaper I look at

And I still don't understand

It came from me. I'm a big critique when it comes to weather in wallpapers. Since I am actually, I can give you a few tips. It'd help if we could message each other and if I could borrow the unedited version.

13 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

It came from me. I'm a big critique when it comes to weather in wallpapers. Since I am actually, I can give you a few tips. It'd help if we could message each other and if I could borrow the unedited version.

Sure, but I’d have to send it to you when I am on my computer, cause right now I’m on my phone

3 hours ago, creepycreeper103 said:

who cares

who cares

On 2/10/2019 at 4:20 PM, EmberWing said:

? Im sorry if you hate furries. But, there is nothing I can do .-.

On 2/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, TheJeweledWolf said:

That is extremely rude, you had no need to say that!

15 minutes ago, thatkidyt said:

where is the shutup button when you need it most

Where is the “stop fighting” button when you need it.

no seriously stop