Ethan & Ethan

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1 minute ago, 9redwoods said:

railroad track pixels are smaller than all the other pixels which makes it look weird

Well it kinda makes sense, you would expect a real life model train track to look like the real thing, right?

Just now, TheFastFilms said:

I disagree, because that really is criticism, as he says it makes it look weird and explains reasoning as to why, I agree its minor though and not super relevant.

yeah guys ^^^

stop making a big deal out of my tiny criticism. If you think it's unneeded, just tell me why instead of being all defensive.

1 minute ago, TheFastFilms said:

I disagree, because that really is criticism, as he says it makes it look weird and explains reasoning as to why, I agree its

minor though and not super relevant.

Just now, 9redwoods said:

yeah guys ^^^

stop making a big deal out of my tiny criticism. If you think it's unneeded, just tell me why instead of being all defensive.

It's nitpicking at most. But, if that's what you consider criticism, I can see why people get offended when people write actual criticism. You didn't even actually comment on the wallpaper as a whole, but just one of the smallest details. Like, what?

3 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

yeah guys ^^^

Because the fact that small pixels on pixels doesnt look good is known by a lot of people. I made this for shits and giggles, I didnt make it to be the most amazing wallpaper ever. I didnt even bother to get an actual bike rig. If you're going to criticize learn how to do it right and dont just pick one thing. 

3 minutes ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

Because the fact that small pixels on pixels doesnt look good is known by a lot of people. I made this for shits and giggles, I didnt make it to be the most amazing wallpaper ever. I didnt even bother to get an actual bike rig. If you're going to criticize learn how to do it right and dont just pick one thing. 

I guess I'm the only one that cares about the small details

(Maybe take a few lessons from Twotorule on how to respond to criticism...)

5 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

You're telling me I dont know how to respond to criticism? Im known for not holding back, dont you dare say I cant take it. What makes me angry is you never listen to people on how to give criticism. You ignore everyone who criticizes you for how you act, you dont take criticism, Redwoods.

12 minutes ago, TheFastFilms said:

Eh you keep downvoting and caring over one criticism. But as I said, it doesn't even matter, let's calm down.

It's not even criticism, though. It's nitpicking. Redwoods does this with everything and it's a bit exasperating when he acts like a God about this kind of stuff.

8 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

I care about the smallest of details, but maybe you should take a page from an actual critique's book and not just nitpick one tiny thing. I've been in the art scene for quite a while, I've witnessed people go from chicken scratchers to freaking Da Vinci in under a year, but it wasn't because of some kid pointing out that this pixel is smaller than that pixel, it was because they had people who understand the work and know how things work together write literal 3 page paragraphs pointing out the smallest flaws, but they told them how to fix it. It wasn't like "I do this, so you should too" though, it was "There are multiple ways to fix this, and I suggest maybe trying this or that and finding out what you like." Criticism isn't something everyone can do, and it isn't what you do. Criticism is an art of its own and it can be greater than the art itself. You need to let go of personal style when going in to write, and you need to actually try to help.

On the topic of your signature, I agree with that. I would love it if Nolan or Spielberg read over my trainwreck of a script and told me what to fix but in your case. You are not the intelligent man. 

Yes, I criticized your critique. Have a good day. And keep this in mind.

1 minute ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

You're telling me I dont know how to respond to criticism? Im known for not holding back, dont you dare say I cant take it. What makes me angry is you never listen to people on how to give criticism. You ignore everyone who criticizes you for how you act, you dont take criticism, Redwoods.

Sigh, I've explained this too much...

I explain what can be done to execute my criticism. I didn't this time, because I know you know how to use Modelbench. I know sometimes I don't compliment the good side of wallpapers, but usually I do, and I'll try harder I guess to consistently do that. So if you don't like the way I do criticism, that is your problem, because if people have the right attitude coming into my criticism, they'll learn either way, if I'm strict or not.

I'm not talking about this anymore. G'day!

1 minute ago, _Blue said:

Imagine if it was all actual rigs instead of skins?

In my last group wallpaper, had like 9 rigs and everyone else, skins. And a scenery, and all of it was enlarged. 6 fps

I love this, especially that spiderman meme reference.

I could have made it rigs.

2 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

Sigh, I've explained this too much...

I explain what can be done to execute my criticism. I didn't this time, because I know you know how to use Modelbench. I know sometimes I don't compliment the good side of wallpapers, but usually I do, and I'll try harder I guess to consistently do that. So if you don't like the way I do criticism, that is your problem, because if people have the right attitude coming into my criticism, they'll learn either way, if I'm strict or not.

I'm not talking about this anymore. G'day!

Alright. Im tired of you claiming you can give criticism. You cant. Accept that fact and move on. You pointing out a single detail isnt criticism. its nitpicking, like Tug said. You need to understand your word isnt law. You need to take a minute and think, is this really critiscm? because it isnt. You claim you know what your doing, but you dont. You cant take critiscm any better than you give it. and thats little to none. You always start this crap and expect everyone to back you up. There's reasons why nobody likes when you "crituqe" their posts. Your not helpful at all. Nothing about what you say is "helpful." I rest my case.

This conversation is hilarious

wallpaper looks cool, but I feel like the back right of the wallpaper could use some more trees. Also good meme reference, and I like the little train, I don’t really care that the tracks are scaled down. To me, it adds to kinda the realistic toy aesthetic that all the stores went for when I bought my own train sets.

3 hours ago, Ethanial said:

he's just being a caring arsehole ethan