Why does MI render improperly?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Whenever I render a clip or image, all of the clouds and fog turn out darker then expected. I usually just turn off clouds and fog because it looks so crappy. I don't know what I've done wrong, since I have been experiencing this problem since I downloaded Mine-imator.

12 answers to this question

Does this problem happen when you render in-program, or just when you export an image/video? If it only happens when exporting, I can't help you, but if it happens when rendering at all (clicking the render button in the bottom-right of the camera preview or work camera if there is no camera preview), I would suggest tinkering with some shadow-related options in the settings. I'd also recommend rendering the preview as often as possible, especially when making lighting edits, so you know what the final product should look like.

If there are other rendering problems in addition to all of that, your graphics card or its drivers may need an upgrade.

20 minutes ago, Hectoris919 said:

Whenever I render a clip or image, all of the clouds and fog turn out darker then expected. I usually just turn off clouds and fog because it looks so crappy. I don't know what I've done wrong, since I have been experiencing this problem since I downloaded Mine-imator.

Maybe it's your lighting? You're basically turning on shadows and such.

Edited by TheJeweledWolf

1 hour ago, Hectoris919 said:

The problem isn't MI

4 minutes ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

Thank you for the helpful advice. 

It’s helpful if you take it

i know I was rude about it but that’s because he made it sound like it was all Mine-imator’s fault.

Edited by 9redwoods

5 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

It’s helpful if you take it

i know I was rude about it but that’s because he made it sound like it was all Mine-imator’s fault.

Dont blow something off. It totally could be the programs fault. 

1 hour ago, 9redwoods said:

It's just the way MI works.

You want something to turn out lighter? Lighten it. Don't complain to us.

Have you ever heard of tone? It could really help people differentiate if you are being a total jerk or just giving friendly advice.

Edited by Mooterz

6 minutes ago, Mooterz said:

Have you ever heard of tone? It could really help people differentiate if you are being a total jerk or just giving friendly advice.

You can’t hear a tone in text, but you can see it, and what I see in my point of view with 9redwood it looked like he was blaming the software itself. But we can not confirm nor deny that he is blaming the software.

2 hours ago, Mineshaft Animation said:

You can’t hear a tone in text, but you can see it, and what I see in my point of view with 9redwood it looked like he was blaming the software itself. But we can not confirm nor deny that he is blaming the software.

5 hours ago, Hectoris919 said:

I don't know what I've done wrong

Not to mention, this was posted in Mine-imator Help and not Issues & Bugs. In any case, we can at least help him out without being hostile. He clearly has a problem getting the lighting we wants, and bitching about how he's "blaming the program" is A: bitchy, and B: unhelpful to the case of his issue. If all you have to say is "if you don't like the lighting, fix it," you might as well not reply at all. It doesn't matter if he was blaming the program - he had a problem either way and the point of posting in this forum is getting help. This is giving us a really bad reputation.

I don't want the topic to turn into a flamewar, so I'm obviously not going to call anyone out specifically. I just want the final message to get across which is: If you can't be helpful in a Help forum, don't post in the Help forum.

Edited by Rollo

17 hours ago, Rollo said:

I don't want the topic to turn into a flamewar, so I'm obviously not going to call anyone out specifically. I just want the final message to get across which is: If you can't be helpful in a Help forum, don't post in the Help forum.

Thank you! I didn't mean to sound like I was blaming Mine-imator... Sorry if I sounded rude to y'all.

(BTW, thanks for the tips! I'll make sure to try them!)