Developer mode

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

According to @Hozq's idea to push my idea into a new topic:

I've decided to pull it out. So...

unknown.png

I think that picture explains it pretty much. Therefore, experienced users would use all the power of Mine-imator, risking data loss etc.

What do you think?

Edited by jakubg1

Mine-imator already has a dev/developer mode, though it's heavily centered around being used for debugging purposes. It allows developers to skip the startup screen entirely and make a new project automatically, show save IDs of objects, allow certain debugging scripts to run within Mine-imator we have set up around its code, and other technical uses.(Though overall functionality and behavior of the program more or less doesn't change.) You can check out where to turn this on/off in this script if you can open the source. The following screenshot posted on the Mine-imator twitter also shows what it looks like to have it enabled when Mine-imator is compiled.DuaMHGYWoAAKL_g.jpg:large

4 hours ago, Nimi said:

Mine-imator already has a dev/developer mode, though it's heavily centered around being used for debugging purposes. It allows developers to skip the startup screen entirely and make a new project automatically, show save IDs of objects, allow certain debugging scripts to run within Mine-imator we have set up around its code, and other technical uses.(Though overall functionality and behavior of the program more or less doesn't change.) You can check out where to turn this on/off in this script if you can open the source. The following screenshot posted on the Mine-imator twitter also shows what it looks like to have it enabled when Mine-imator is compiled.DuaMHGYWoAAKL_g.jpg:large

I havent heard this mode like 3 year.

12 hours ago, Nimi said:

Mine-imator already has a dev/developer mode, though it's heavily centered around being used for debugging purposes. It allows developers to skip the startup screen entirely and make a new project automatically, show save IDs of objects, allow certain debugging scripts to run within Mine-imator we have set up around its code, and other technical uses.(Though overall functionality and behavior of the program more or less doesn't change.) You can check out where to turn this on/off in this script if you can open the source. The following screenshot posted on the Mine-imator twitter also shows what it looks like to have it enabled when Mine-imator is compiled.

[image]

I didn't know that, but I've meant more like a functionality to set any values outside their bounds risking crashing or data corruption that would be inside Mine-imator, so people could do more various things (see the topic I referred to).