The way MineImator imports doors is annoying

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

If you need to modify the schematic and you need to load a new copy, then you cannot copy and paste all the door keyframes into the new schematic. For some reason I can only copy and paste them individually line per line which is hell.

Edited by moniker

On 1/19/2019 at 10:27 PM, Mineshaft Animation said:

I don't really understand

Movable parts are automatically added as individual objects on the timeline which is useful, however you cannot do anything with them, as in ordering them inside a folder, deleting them, copying keyframes in groups, and when you load a new schematic to replace the current one all the keyframes from movable parts are lost... so yeah, it's pretty annoying.

15 minutes ago, moniker said:

Movable parts are automatically added as individual objects on the timeline which is useful, however you cannot do anything with them, as in ordering them inside a folder, deleting them, copying keyframes in groups, and when you load a new schematic to replace the current one all the keyframes from movable parts are lost... so yeah, it's pretty annoying.

There’s this button in transitions called “visible”... just letting you know..

Plus you replacing the schematics basically removes the code the keyframes had from the other one..

On 1/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, Mineshaft Animation said:

There’s this button in transitions called “visible”... just letting you know..

Plus you replacing the schematics basically removes the code the keyframes had from the other one..

What does the visible box has to do with anything.

9 hours ago, Mineshaft Animation said:

Because you were complaining with not beng able to “delete” the doors...

I was complaining because it makes the timeline unnecesarily messier and you cannot put them inside folders as well. Making them invisible doesn't solve this.

2 minutes ago, moniker said:

I was complaining because it makes the timeline unnecesarily messier and you cannot put them inside folders as well. Making them invisible doesn't solve this.

Then just do everything yourself instead of relying on the program to do it for you, I doubt this will be worked on because it has been a thing for a LONG time for a bunch of things

9 hours ago, Mineshaft Animation said:

Then just do everything yourself instead of relying on the program to do it for you, I doubt this will be worked on because it has been a thing for a LONG time for a bunch of things

If it is an avoidable problem then it must be GameMaker's fault and yet another reason to port MineImator in a proper platform like C. I hate wasting time in things like these (replacing a bunch of doors and whatnot).

1 hour ago, moniker said:

If it is an avoidable problem then it must be GameMaker's fault and yet another reason to port MineImator in a proper platform like C. I hate wasting time in things like these (replacing a bunch of doors and whatnot).

You waste your time complaining to me about these things with me here...