Everything I'd like to see come to Mine-Imator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I would think these features would make Mine-Imator much more efficient and workable..

1. Spoiler

1. An area on the project menu that shows how long you've had the project open for, in case you want to track how long it took you to create something but you forgot to time yourself on it.
    2. Something i would love to see in MI is a hotkey that adds spaces in between two keyframes to make a movement last longer, and possibely selecting a lot more and adding spaces in between each. This may be difficult, but if you could add this is would make MI a lot more efficient, at least for me.

3. I would also like to request an overlay of the that shows the range for the Dof, between which points are in focus, and how far the focus fade goes. Also an option to toggle visibility for this part of the overlay on the top right corner of the work/selected camera, where the particle, lighting and 3rds are toggled.

4. Also... an option to open the most recent auto save for a project on the open project menu.

1 hour ago, Super Solomob 422 said:

I would think these features would make Mine-Imator much more efficient and workable..

1.   Hide contents

1. An area on the project menu that shows how long you've had the project open for, in case you want to track how long it took you to create something but you forgot to time yourself on it.
    2. Something i would love to see in MI is a hotkey that adds spaces in between two keyframes to make a movement last longer, and possibely selecting a lot more and adding spaces in between each. This may be difficult, but if you could add this is would make MI a lot more efficient, at least for me.

3. I would also like to request an overlay of the that shows the range for the Dof, between which points are in focus, and how far the focus fade goes. Also an option to toggle visibility for this part of the overlay on the top right corner of the work/selected camera, where the particle, lighting and 3rds are toggled.

4. Also... an option to open the most recent auto save for a project on the open project menu.

most of these are pretty small compared to what would really make MI better. and most of these are stuff you dont really need since you can do it on your own.

1. just time yourself if you really want too. theres no actual point in having a timer for MI.

2. Again just move them yourself. MI is already easy to master as it is, it doesnt need to get easier for the lazy people

3. the MI DoF isnt truly 3D i think, so having an overlay to show focus (such as lets say blender or C4D) would be pretty much impossible if im correct

4. just manually look for the project by changing the file that MI is trying to look for in the file explorer.

MI honestly doesnt really need GUI updates or Hotkeys updates. I feel as if it needs to work more on Graphics more than anything. like trying to add specular or bump maps (though from what i know they have already tried and failed) see, MI is made with game maker so it doesnt have that much flexibility on what it can do (since gamemaker is really only for creating 2d games).

yeah if this is 'everything' you'd like to see come to mine-imator than thats kinda sad. theres so much that could make MI more tolerable. but we gotta also realize that at this point theres only nimi working on the project as far as we know, hopefully he can get some new coders and people to work on the project with him to make MI a much better program.

1 hour ago, KaryuGraphics said:

most of these are pretty small compared to what would really make MI better. and most of these are stuff you dont really need since you can do it on your own.

1. just time yourself if you really want too. theres no actual point in having a timer for MI.

2. Again just move them yourself. MI is already easy to master as it is, it doesnt need to get easier for the lazy people

3. the MI DoF isnt truly 3D i think, so having an overlay to show focus (such as lets say blender or C4D) would be pretty much impossible if im correct

4. just manually look for the project by changing the file that MI is trying to look for in the file explorer.

MI honestly doesnt really need GUI updates or Hotkeys updates. I feel as if it needs to work more on Graphics more than anything. like trying to add specular or bump maps (though from what i know they have already tried and failed) see, MI is made with game maker so it doesnt have that much flexibility on what it can do (since gamemaker is really only for creating 2d games).

yeah if this is 'everything' you'd like to see come to mine-imator than thats kinda sad. theres so much that could make MI more tolerable. but we gotta also realize that at this point theres only nimi working on the project as far as we know, hopefully he can get some new coders and people to work on the project with him to make MI a much better program.

I'm focused on what would make it more efficient. Which means work faster.

4 hours ago, Super Solomob 422 said:

1.   Hide contents

Honestly the whole interface with MI is rather outdated and hard to work with. If they really want to improve the program, moving it away from game maker, and make an easy to use interface add-on to something like Unity. 

In response to the suggestions made, all of what was said won't improve the workflow/efficiency much at all. What they need to be doing is working on the engine/core systems side of things (which being that it's not really meant for 3D stuff makes it really perplexing to me).

Edited by Waveform Digital