Program is not smooth as soon as I load a couple schematics

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

When I open a new project it's really smooth,  but when I load a couple schematic which aren't that big, it is no longer that nice 60 fps smooth feel. Even if I turn everything off, no lights, etc, it's just not as smooth and therefore annoying to animate in. I don't get it.

27 minutes ago, moniker said:

When I open a new project it's really smooth,  but when I load a couple schematic which aren't that big, it is no longer that nice 60 fps smooth feel. Even if I turn everything off, no lights, etc, it's just not as smooth and therefore annoying to animate in. I don't get it.

Guess it has something to do with your Pc performances

1 hour ago, HeYoNia said:

-Your PC might be pure shit

-MI has to Load all those 3D objects even if you hide them they're not completely gone

-Not animating in 60 fps is annoying? Please quit animating I animate in 10-30 fps depending on how huge my schematics are.

I am a God; I am able to animate in 2 FPS ?

2 hours ago, HeYoNia said:

-Your PC might be pure shit

-MI has to Load all those 3D objects even if you hide them they're not completely gone

-Not animating in 60 fps is annoying? Please quit animating I animate in 10-30 fps depending on how huge my schematics are.

1 hour ago, GamingQuick said:

I am a God; I am able to animate in 2 FPS ?

HA! I can work in .4 fps!

I've also noticed that if you delete keyframes it becomes more smooth. It's like it struggles having a bunch of keyframes drawn as well. The day that MineImator gets ported into something that isn't a toy (like C++) i'll finally be able to animate without my cortisol levels going up trying to fine tune something with low fps.

Edited by moniker

24 minutes ago, moniker said:

The day that MineImator gets ported into something that isn't a toy (like C++) i'll finally be able to animate without my cortisol levels going up trying to fine tune something with low fps.

If that was possible it'd've been ported long ago. If I remember correctly (and this may not stand currently as this was for the GM 1.4 version of MI), there's over 11K scripts. Many are functions but it'd even take a long time to port the rest of the program, too. Also, GameMaker isn't a toy. It isn't exactly very good (in my eyes, speaking as a person who prefers to work with a 2007 laptop and write everything in C++ with Vi) but you can create a solid 2D game with it, and such is what it's designed for. The main issue is that Mine-Imator isn't an idea that work's well with the standard functions of GM, and thus it doesn't work very well in a lot of regards.

2 hours ago, Dannyboi said:

If that was possible it'd've been ported long ago.

It's possible, and could be done if they wanted to, but David and Nimi don't find it worth it to put all that work into a Minecraft animation program when David already plans to make a whole different animation program in C++ of a much more serious nature. Nimi could do it, but again, it'd be a lot of work for a program that works fine as is. It's not that it's impossible, it's that it's unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, Rollo said:

It's possible, and could be done if they wanted to, but David and Nimi don't find it worth it to put all that work into a Minecraft animation program when David already plans to make a whole different animation program in C++ of a much more serious nature. Nimi could do it, but again, it'd be a lot of work for a program that works fine as is. It's not that it's impossible, it's that it's unnecessary.

All I'm going to say here is that it has been tried.

8 hours ago, moniker said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that Gamemaker is a joke.

I'm able to load schematics with a dozen million blocks and it still runs buttery smooth with my mid-range rig from 2014. Maybe the joke hides in your hardware.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:17 PM, moniker said:

With many characters and keyframes as well? what is your hardware?

i5 4670 @3.40GHz, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, Radeon R9 270X with 2GB of VRAM. I'll admit that it does get inconsistent at times for unknown reasons, with framerates changing between sessions despite having the same project open, but I don't think it'd happen with what you describe as "not so big schematics". Unless your hardware can't keep up.

38 minutes ago, Voxy said:

i5 4670 @3.40GHz, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, Radeon R9 270X with 2GB of VRAM. I'll admit that it does get inconsistent at times for unknown reasons, with framerates changing between sessions despite having the same project open, but I don't think it'd happen with what you describe as "not so big schematics". Unless your hardware can't keep up.

It's gamemaker/mineimator's fault mostly. I mean think about what is being rendered on the screen. It's just blocks with low res textures.

24 minutes ago, moniker said:

It's gamemaker/mineimator's fault mostly. I mean think about what is being rendered on the screen. It's just blocks with low res textures.

I've loaded a large schematic (25mil blocks) and 20 instances of Steve to render and my FPS fluctuated between 90 and 100.

Spoiler

Dg7PvSF.png

3 hours ago, moniker said:

Stop putting fault on Mine-imator. It's definitely your computer, I mean after all. It's just blocks with low res textures.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:34 PM, Voxy said:

I've loaded a large schematic (25mil blocks) and 20 instances of Steve to render and my FPS fluctuated between 90 and 100.

Hide contents

Dg7PvSF.png

Try loading a bunch of keyframes as well. Mineimator seems to struggle when you start adding many keyframes, parenting stuff, etc.