Wallpaper - Golden Fields

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello, this will be my last wallpaper of 2018, showcasing a farm on a bright day! For this wallpaper, I tried using... unorthodox methods involving the blocks when creating the structures. It's hard to explain, but you'll understand what I mean when you see the actual wallpaper. I'd like some feedback on how I did with that.

IpLDlJ0.jpg

As always, feedback in the comments is appreciated, and maybe the wallpaper might actually be modified based on the feedback I receive. Oh, and

Happy New Year!

UPDATE #1

- Adjusted bloom and color correction settings. The wallpaper should appear a bit more bright and colorful now.

- Added a secret...

UPDATE #2

- Adjusted DOF.

Edited by Nedia

It looks very good...  i like that you tried something "unorthodox" which adds a nice charm to this than other wallpapers...   but one thing to make it look better...   experiment with some of the camera features...  like bloom(don't go over-bored with it), saturation/contrast(personally i would use sat in this case) and DOV(i wouldn't use it here or id adjust it to be just passed the silo)   but you got my upvote and i hope to see you in the new year

39 minutes ago, KingGXD said:

first:happy new year

i like it very much

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, DepsinArtifacts said:

It looks very good...  i like that you tried something "unorthodox" which adds a nice charm to this than other wallpapers...   but one thing to make it look better...   experiment with some of the camera features...  like bloom(don't go over-bored with it), saturation/contrast(personally i would use sat in this case) and DOV(i wouldn't use it here or id adjust it to be just passed the silo)   but you got my upvote and i hope to see you in the new year

I did mess with some camera effects; they were actually a big component when making this wallpaper! I did use a bloom in a wallpaper, but I didn't want to make it too intense, so it's rather small. By DOV, I assume you mean depth of field? If so, there is a depth of field in the background, but it's very slight (as you mentioned) as I want people to pay attention to the background as well. And saturation/contrast, I unfortunately don't know how to access. (EDIT: I just found out about it right now...)

33 minutes ago, Rawami said:

It could better with a depth of fields and  a after effect.

Like I mentioned above, there is a depth of field, but it's very subtle so not to draw attention away from the background. And I don't own or use After Effects.

I'll try messing with more of the camera to see what more I can do, thanks everyone!

EDIT: An update has been done based on the above suggestions!

Edited by Nedia

10 minutes ago, KaryuGraphics said:

my only two problems are that there arent any shadows, and no DoF

I think the reason why you aren't seeing shadows is because of the camera position. As for depth of field, well, I already mentioned it again, but I didn't want it to be too noticeable in the background. I will try to see what I can do with DOF, though.

EDIT: I adjusted the DOF a bit, see how that looks for you.

Edited by Nedia

5 minutes ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

I dunno, the red wood kinda looks a bit out of place for some reason, could be because it's pretty plain. 

I think it might have to do with how bright the red appears compared to the more subdued colors of the surrounding scenery. Personally, I still think it's currently fine, however.

14 hours ago, Nedia said:

Like I mentioned above, there is a depth of field, but it's very subtle so not to draw attention away from the background. And I don't own or use After Effects. 

Sorry when I said after effects it's not the software but I wanted to say edited.

8 hours ago, Rawami said:

Sorry when I said after effects it's not the software but I wanted to say edited.

I usually don't prefer to edit in effects to my wallpapers, as I like them to be.... "pure," so to say. It's hard to explain, but I want my wallpapers to showcase what can be done in MI, and I feel like edited-in effects defeat the purpose. 

1 hour ago, Nedia said:

I usually don't prefer to edit in effects to my wallpapers, as I like them to be.... "pure," so to say. It's hard to explain, but I want my wallpapers to showcase what can be done in MI, and I feel like edited-in effects defeat the purpose. 

Ok it's like you want.