How to replace certain blocks with .json models?

moniker
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I have a texture pack that includes replacement for certain models, for example, the anvils get replaced with desks. I just don't know how to load the .json models. Im not talking about individually loading the models. I want to automatically replace the blocks of the schematic with the .json models that are supposed to be replaced so it fits the schematic (it's a schematic designed with that certain resource pack in mind, so there are anvils everywhere and it looks dumb as they should be desks). Any ideas?

7 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, 9redwoods said:

I know MI can't load models like that. I think there's a way you can remove blocks from a schematic. Try looking around for that setting and then find or make a good desk model for MI.

I know how to remove blocks from schematics with McEdit and I have already the .json models which I can load manually, however it will be a massive waste of time replacing every anvil with the new model manually.

49 minutes ago, moniker said:

I know how to remove blocks from schematics with McEdit and I have already the .json models which I can load manually, however it will be a massive waste of time replacing every anvil with the new model manually.

Ok, I'm not sure how right this is because I've never tried it, but it should work.

Find your Mine-Imator folder. I always have mine on my desktop but by default it's somewhere like: C:\Program Files\Mine-Imator (or something similar).

Find the "Data" folder, and navigate to "Minecraft". Open the 1.13.1 zip folder, "assets", "minecraft", "Models", and finally "Block".

Now take your .json that replaces the anvils with desks, and rename it "anvil.json". Then move it to where you just navigated to ^ and replace the old "anvil.json" with the new one.

Now, backtrack to the second "minecraft" folder and go to "textures" instead of "models", then "block" and replace the "anvil.png" and "anvil_top.png" with the desk textures.

That should take care of all the anvil models in your Mine-Imator.

I have no idea if this actually works, and I don't know if this will break your Mine-Imator. Save copies of all the models and textures you replace, otherwise you won't be able to change them back later. Please use caution and I hope this helps you out.

- Dr. Nexil

3 hours ago, Dr. Nexil said:

Ok, I'm not sure how right this is because I've never tried it, but it should work.

Find your Mine-Imator folder. I always have mine on my desktop but by default it's somewhere like: C:\Program Files\Mine-Imator (or something similar).

Find the "Data" folder, and navigate to "Minecraft". Open the 1.13.1 zip folder, "assets", "minecraft", "Models", and finally "Block".

Now take your .json that replaces the anvils with desks, and rename it "anvil.json". Then move it to where you just navigated to ^ and replace the old "anvil.json" with the new one.

Now, backtrack to the second "minecraft" folder and go to "textures" instead of "models", then "block" and replace the "anvil.png" and "anvil_top.png" with the desk textures.

That should take care of all the anvil models in your Mine-Imator.

I have no idea if this actually works, and I don't know if this will break your Mine-Imator. Save copies of all the models and textures you replace, otherwise you won't be able to change them back later. Please use caution and I hope this helps you out.

- Dr. Nexil

Edit: It didn't work, I replaced all the json files within 1.13.1.zip with the json files from the resource pack and it is still loading the regular anvils. It takes advantage of all the different stages of anvils (damaged, sutbly used etc) and should be replacing it with desks and so on but it just doesn't load.

If the program is able to identify movable parts from schematics (doors, buttons etc) when loading an schematic, then it should be able to recognize whatever needs to be replaced by the resource pack that contains the json files I guess.

Textures and items from resource packs load, it's just the models that aren't loading.

Edited by moniker

Upon further inspection of the 1.13.2.jar file on my minecraft folder, it looks like there is only anvil.json and anvil.png and anvil_top.png in textures/block... perhaps Minecraft no longer uses different models per anvil damage state and this isn't going to work (apparently the resource pack is a bit old).

Has anyone tried a matching 1.13.1 resource pack? does it load models automatically?

Edited by moniker