Sprites don't act as sprites should

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I have noticed that "Face camera" doesn't make a sprite act like an sprite would in a videogame. Like when you get close to the sprite, it goes up instead of staying fixed in a position as it would happen in a game with sprites (see Doom or any other game that uses sprites). Could you fix this so sprites stay in place? @Nimi

21 hours ago, Chaukeke said:

Please don't tag Nimi right away, I'm not even sure to understand the problem myself. + Mine-Imator isn't a sprite animation software, so it isn't a priority.

Mine-Imator's camera is more like a single point rather than a flat surface, so when you move closer, any slight movement that isn't perfectly straight is going to effect the sprite.

If they bothered to add the "face camera" option then they wanted to add sprite support. I don't understand what "face camera" would be other than to act as a classic sprite, which it doesn't, so it should be corrected or at least add a new option so it acts as a proper sprite, it shouldn't be hard to add and it would be very useful.

Edited by moniker

Surface and item objects have a "Face camera" option which have different behaviors. Surfaces will rotate upwards and downwards based on the camera position, while items won't. I believe david intended it to be this way when he added the settings.