Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

How to Animate Textures?

Ever wanted to animate textures in Mine Imator?? Preferrably for some flame animation, or some particle effects, or possibly a TV screen, etc.?

Well, I've got you covered!

1. Create all the textures you're gonna use in your animation - each texture as it's own frame.
2. Then, you need to import the images (frames) into Mine Imator; open up the resources tab and click the + icon, then browse for your textures (sadly, you can only do it one by one).
3. Once you're done, import a surface
4. Make a keyframe of the surface and you should see a "texture" option; select your texture
5. Move forward in the timeline, making more keyframes, changing the texture as you go; you can mess with the speed as well!

You should be left with an animation you've made, displaying on your surface (you could project it onto a CUBE as well!)

I've made a video tutorial, explaining this deeper, and also creating the textures. I tried to mess with another method, but that one, sadly, didnt work :P

Stay sharp!

On 12/18/2018 at 8:48 PM, EthanForeverAlone said:
  Hide contents

TnevkhH.png
El0ziI7.png

The items don't have an ANIMATABLE feature - you can't change the item's texture while animating
However, you could use multiple items with a constant texture and toggling their visibility - the result would be an animated item

On 12/18/2018 at 10:46 AM, SharpWind said:

How to Animate Textures?

Ever wanted to animate textures in Mine Imator?? Preferrably for some flame animation, or some particle effects, or possibly a TV screen, etc.?

Well, I've got you covered!

1. Create all the textures you're gonna use in your animation - each texture as it's own frame.
2. Then, you need to import the images (frames) into Mine Imator; open up the resources tab and click the + icon, then browse for your textures (sadly, you can only do it one by one).
3. Once you're done, import a surface
4. Make a keyframe of the surface and you should see a "texture" option; select your texture
5. Move forward in the timeline, making more keyframes, changing the texture as you go; you can mess with the speed as well!

You should be left with an animation you've made, displaying on your surface (you could project it onto a CUBE as well!)

I've made a video tutorial, explaining this deeper, and also creating the textures. I tried to mess with another method, but that one, sadly, didnt work :P

Stay sharp!

This is why the texture didn't work for the fire:

Some texture folders (including the block folder) got renamed in 1.13, which is the only version Mine-imator supports (for resource packs).

Edited by Jadturentale

10 hours ago, Jadturentale said:

Some texture folders (including the block folder) got renamed in 1.13, which is the only version Mine-imator supports (for resource packs).

Please... don’t quote the topic.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:33 AM, Jadturentale said:

Okay, thank you for the information; much appreciated :)