Comic #3- Open House

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So I need a name for this strip. I'm tired of calling it "Comic". Suggestions appreciated. Whoever gives the best for this strip name will be the neighbor of Jack and Tug .

P5joZGS.png

aUycvDA.png

xyMIAaW.png

ZYK51AL.png

k9J63SH.jpg

IEKuGek.png

2 hours ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

body language and facial expressions are pretty poor imho
not a fan of how you've set up the facial rig either

also how's "fur and skin" sound

Well that’s why I’m doing this. To practice. Also, what do you mean by “set up the face rig”? I had to adjust it for Tug, since his face is different. I’ll add fur and skin to the list. I only have like 3 so far, so you’ve got a good chance.

9 hours ago, Twotorule said:

"Guy with a blue jacket and a pet fox"

10/10 best name

He’s not his pet. They’re friends. ?

4 minutes ago, Hagus said:

Well that’s why I’m doing this. To practice. Also, what do you mean by “set up the face rig”? I had to adjust it for Tug, since his face is different. I’ll add fur and skin to the list. I only have like 3 so far, so you’ve got a good chance.

He’s not his pet. They’re friends. ?

tug (assuming that's the anthro character) looks alright, but the eyes and mouth on jack's face look like they're way too high up

14 minutes ago, Mineshaft Animation said:

The hell does that have to do with anything?

Also he has the choice to use it or not.

to be different? lmao i'd rather him use his own stuff then use something EVERYONE uses. but if he wants to use skibbz's face rig then thats fine.

maybe you should let me state my opinions and criticism.

14 minutes ago, KaryuGraphics said:

to be different? lmao i'd rather him use his own stuff then use something EVERYONE uses. but if he wants to use skibbz's face rig then thats fine.

maybe you should let me state my opinions and criticism.

I am giving that to you, but I'm just saying it's his choice to use an advanced over used facial rig.

3 hours ago, KaryuGraphics said:

lighting could be way better. try making a face rig because like 90% of people use SKIBBZ's face rig. body posing could be better.

4/10

For the 10th time, this is why I'm doing this. But I use Skibbz's rig since I don't do any rigging. Plus, I can't run modelbench.

At least it wasn't a 1/10

53 minutes ago, Hagus said:

For the 10th time, this is why I'm doing this. But I use Skibbz's rig since I don't do any rigging. Plus, I can't run modelbench.

At least it wasn't a 1/10

i can make it a 1/10 if you want. i mean its not that far off from a 1/10.

(you know what. it is a 1/10 now)

Edited by KaryuGraphics

On 12/18/2018 at 8:46 AM, KaryuGraphics said:

lighting could be way better. try making a face rig because like 90% of people use SKIBBZ's face rig. body posing could be better.

4/10

yes what you said is true but instead of saying it could be better try telling him why it could better....  like how the torch in the background on the first pictures isnt giving off any light and thus doin that, it would improve the picture or something like that...  and with the posing, heres what I do when I am posing something for like a wall paper, I have someone or something(like one of the drawing manequins) doing the pose you think would do best and go off of that...  

Now for my constructive critism, the face rigs is personally fine but lacks character and to fix this, just look at how accaull poses and facall expressions look...  and please make it to where you cant see the edge of the scene, to fix this just build everything in minecraft or use mineimators repeat feature or add some sort of extra grassland from the basic schematics that is provded with mineimator...  also a good tool(in my opinion) is the DOV option in the camera settings, it makes everything look a lot better and make sure the veiwer nows where to look at(simaler to the rule of thirds)

now what i said wasnt to be mean, trust me...  I just want you to get better...  so my rating on this would be a 6/10 with some much needed improvment...   goodluck in the future

3 hours ago, DepsinArtifacts said:

yes what you said is true but instead of saying it could be better try telling him why it could better....  like how the torch in the background on the first pictures isnt giving off any light and thus doin that, it would improve the picture or something like that...  and with the posing, heres what I do when I am posing something for like a wall paper, I have someone or something(like one of the drawing manequins) doing the pose you think would do best and go off of that...  

Now for my constructive critism, the face rigs is personally fine but lacks character and to fix this, just look at how accaull poses and facall expressions look...  and please make it to where you cant see the edge of the scene, to fix this just build everything in minecraft or use mineimators repeat feature or add some sort of extra grassland from the basic schematics that is provded with mineimator...  also a good tool(in my opinion) is the DOV option in the camera settings, it makes everything look a lot better and make sure the veiwer nows where to look at(simaler to the rule of thirds)

now what i said wasnt to be mean, trust me...  I just want you to get better...  so my rating on this would be a 6/10 with some much needed improvment...   goodluck in the future

so you are telling me to give a tutorial on how to make someones work better? lmao criticism isnt supposed to tell you what to do to fix things.

5 minutes ago, KaryuGraphics said:

so you are telling me to give a tutorial on how to make someones work better? lmao criticism isnt supposed to tell you what to do to fix things.

no, i was telling you to give critism to help them get better...

1 minute ago, KaryuGraphics said:

my criticism is helping? im telling him what to fix, i dont think you understand "constructive criticism"

yes i do understand contructive critism

Often containing helpful and specific suggestions for positive change, is highly focused on a particular issue or set of issues, as opposed to providing general feedback on the item or organization as a whole.

which you didnt get...  there was nothing specific about what you said