Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This brings me back...

(Inspired by @Mineshaft Animation)

Everything happens so fast... it blows my mind that these times were only around three years ago. Let me take you back...

I got my first console when I was eight years old. I was obsessed with Minecraft then. For my eighth birthday, I had around four friends over with three consoles all playing Minecraft. My first console was an Xbox 360. Pootsy was my first real gamertag, and I used that for ages. Who-knows-how-long later, I finally got Xbox live after getting a gift card for it, and I named my first Xbox Live world "k live". I did everything in that world, and it has too many memories to count. All my friends were in that world, and it wouldn't stop growing. Even my sister (who you can see in the wallpaper on the right) played on that world a lot. Everything from age 8 to age 10 revolved around that one Minecraft world, and I couldn't be more thankful to have all these memories. This was some of the best time of my life.

And then it ends.

Around June of this year, I come back. Reaching into the guts at the back of my TV, I plug in my ancient Xbox 360 console and copy k live onto a hard drive. Loading up a few sketchy programs on my laptop, I bring my precious world back to life and converted the world into a playable world file. Looking over that world on my laptop brought up everything - every memory - out of the ground and it truly overwhelmed me. I come here today with a wallpaper that can bring someone like me into their old memories and can bring out all the happy times you had with your friends and how precious your time is with the people in your life. Have an amazing day, everyone.

nWlHoO9.png

I still have my very first Minecraft world. I used the default title "New World", and I loved it. I started playing over 5 years ago, and going back on it makes all those old memories come back. Every year on the day I got the game, I revisit that world, and the last thing I go back to see it my very first house. It usually brings tears to my eyes. I could talk about this for forever, so I'm going to stop here so nobody has to read 10 pages of nostalgic reminiscing.

In many ways, Minecraft was so much better back then than it is now.

I mean, the game was actually pretty difficult back in Beta. But now that we have enchantments and Potions, as well as some mobs being downgraded due to the AI overhaul (especially Creepers over multiple updates, which I'm still really salty about to this day), the game is just too easy now.

As much as I want to go more in-depth about these downgrades, I highly doubt anyone here would care... so unless anyone actually wants to hear it, I will reluctantly hold it off lol

I used to be hyped for Phantoms, until they made them scared of Cats and essentially turned them into just another farm-able mob... I'm left thinking choosing the Phantom for our new mob was a mistake.

I have so much bottled-up salt about this, but I know releasing it here would just make a TL;DR...

Also, I've been staying on 1.12.2. Sure, the new blocks and mechanics certainly look great, but the removal of the Customised world type and the unnecessary command changes from "/gamemode 1" to "/gamemode creative" are the deal-breakers for me.

Also I'm really not a fan of the new textures either, but that's due to nostalgia.