Minecraft lighting?

9redwoods
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

9 answers to this question

It's impossible to replicate the shading on terrain because it works very differently from how Minecraft handles lighting.

Your safest bet would be to disable shadow casting on everything. Nothing will cast shadows but the shaded edges will remain. Make sure to enable SSAO with a large radius but only on terrain. Use a neutral gray for the ambient color to keep the colors the same.

This is the best you can get, and even then terrain will look especially bad, with non-existent shading because of the lack of shadows.

For non-smooth- lighting, get rid of any real lighting and build the terrain block by block, then use incremental brightness values to simulate light and dark. If you want smooth lighting MC aesthetic, idk what to tell you man.

51 minutes ago, BaconSandwich said:

For non-smooth- lighting, get rid of any real lighting and build the terrain block by block, then use incremental brightness values to simulate light and dark. If you want smooth lighting MC aesthetic, idk what to tell you man.

I mean smooth.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:27 AM, HeYoNia said:

Probably SSAO because i dont think ssao exists in minecraft?

Lighten shadows to grayish

Blur the shadow edges a lot or sharpen them idk

ssao exists in minecraft, shadows dont.

3 hours ago, HeYoNia said:

How come I dont see any of them?

Shadows do actually exist in minecraft but they're not that visible

because you most likely have it off

yes but only the ones which are straight under the object thats casting it

Use SSAO, Make the shadow quality to the max, make the blur size to the max, make the ambient color black/gray, make the sunlight white, then boom. This is the most of minecraft that i think you can make it look like. You can also just not use high quality rendering.

Edited by Jadturentale