late night on the water... no wait turtle [4k]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Pretty good. However, I have some suggestions:

Perhaps make the lightning more interesting. It seems to be pretty bland and default. I suggest trying out different ambient colors.

Try using different camera effects. Saturation, contrast, vignette, and bloom are all useful effects. I don't recommend using bloom for a night time setting, but vignette would work well. Good job on using depth of field.

Adding glow to the torch would add an interesting effect. If you don't already know, Mine-Imator has released some cool glowing features in the new update. If you don't know how to utilize the illumination effect, here's some steps; First, select the torch and go to torch properties. Second, open up the graphics section. Then, select glow. Render to see what it looks like. Last, do some tweaking under Render in Settings to fit your taste. Settings for this include radius, intensity, and falloff.

Lastly, you might want to use a more interesting schematic if possible. If you can't find one, that's completely fine, but if you can, I recommend using a schematic with some hills and maybe a house or something to add something in the background to look at. Of course, Steve on a turtle is the focus, but the background could compliment the main focus and add a sense of depth and realism. 

There's nothing else, really, that needs to be added. You did a great job, and here are just some of my terrible ideas. I couldn't do anything nearly as good as you, and great job on this wallpaper. Have a nice day.

Just now, Sticknub said:

Pretty good. However, I have some suggestions:

Perhaps make the lightning more interesting. It seems to be pretty bland and default. I suggest trying out different ambient colors.

Try using different camera effects. Saturation, contrast, vignette, and bloom are all useful effects. I don't recommend using bloom for a night time setting, but vignette would work well. Good job on using depth of field.

Adding glow to the torch would add an interesting effect. If you don't already know, Mine-Imator has released some cool glowing features in the new update. If you don't know how to utilize the illumination effect, here's some steps; First, select the torch and go to torch properties. Second, open up the graphics section. Then, select glow. Render to see what it looks like. Last, do some tweaking under Render in Settings to fit your taste. Settings for this include radius, intensity, and falloff.

Lastly, you might want to use a more interesting schematic if possible. If you can't find one, that's completely fine, but if you can, I recommend using a schematic with some hills and maybe a house or something to add something in the background to look at. Of course, Steve on a turtle is the focus, but the background could compliment the main focus and add a sense of depth and realism. 

There's nothing else, really, that needs to be added. You did a great job, and here are just some of my terrible ideas. I couldn't do anything nearly as good as you, and great job on this wallpaper. Have a nice day.

thanks! I will use your advice on my next wallpaper. Also, I actually did use bloom on the torch, it's just a bit... hard to notice.