Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This took me 3 hours to do, and is my first wallpaper:

• made in Mine-imator 1.2.x
  • I'm satisfied after doing it

Now questions:

1. Why Mine-imator, when I already left it? It's because of polishing my animating/wallpaper making skills so they won't degrade. I've stopped learning Blender due to upcoming 2.9 release, which basically flips over the entire GUI and shortcuts, so learning the current version would be pointless. 2.9 will be released at the beginning of 2019. Once it's released, I'll start learning Blender again.
  2. Why @lifecraft is in the wallpaper again? I also don't know. The fact is I've forgot to add his glasses to the wallpaper :P

The only rigs used are character rigs, which are mine; contact me (PM/Discord) for download links. :)

Now to the wallpaper itself.

I101S1.png

What did I fail at today? Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

The lit grass in the background above the phantom is because of the program bug. I'll post a bug ticket soon.

3 hours ago, KaryuGraphics said:

that took 3 hours?

Building the set could take up that time. The actual mine-imator-ness of it wouldn't take long.

Not that there's a lot in the set, but when I make one, I might try this, nah, then something else and so on till I get it right.

Edited by Spontaneous Explosions

4 hours ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Building the set could take up that time. The actual mine-imator-ness of it wouldn't take long.

And that's true. About half of the time creating this was spent in Minecraft, because I was trying to match various wood types in the scenery.

The half of the time spent in Mine-imator was playing with different background features and placing lamps.

The rest is characters and posing.

Just now, jakubg1 said:

Can you give tips to improve then? I don't really know what do you mean ?

one tip is you try to make some more others phantoms or other mobs in the scenario,and what I tried to talk about is that the phantom is dead with your enchanted sword 

Just now, ThuBieel said:

one tip is you try to make some more others phantoms or other mobs in the scenario,and what I tried to talk about is that the phantom is dead with your enchanted sword 

and try make a bettler light!will be cool :D 

19 minutes ago, ThuBieel said:

and try make a bettler light!will be cool :D 

Lighting was always my biggest problem. I was messing in the lamp settings for about a half of an hour.

Adding more phantoms is another thing I was thinking after the wallpaper is released. For other mobs... well, there's not much room in the picture to put any other monster.

Thank you for criticism! :)

Edit: I'll post the second version of the wallpaper soon.

Edited by jakubg1

Just now, jakubg1 said:

Lighting was always my biggest problem. I was messing in the lamp settings for about a half of an hour.

Adding more phantoms is another thing I was thinking after the wallpaper is released. For other mobs... well, there's not much room in the picture to put any other monster.

Thank you for criticism! :)

you're welcome, and I do not know how to make lights either. :) 

Just now, ThuBieel said:

you're welcome, and I do not know how to make lights either. :) 

and some sheeps in the top of trees